Rick Spielman being edged out? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Spielman being edged out?

:yeahthat: although i gotta tell you rick does good research just not great decisions. he may make it longer. Unless Nick thinks his guys can put together better research. I would expect to see him through the end of this season. If not no big loss to the Dolphins

I just think that Nick will want all members from the previous regime ousted. Rick is a great talent scout (and a poor decision maker as someone above mentioned), however, his close association with the previous staff may prove to be too much. I don think he lasts through to the summer.

Tick...tick...tick...tick...

Whether you like Speilman or not I dont think that Saban will feel comfortable with the fact that he has someone beneath him in the Power structure who has direct access to the owner.Would you like that ?

girthvader44 said:
Buccaneers director of college scouting Ruston Webster could be not long for Tampa Bay. According to a report Wednesday on profootballtalk.com, Webster could up with the Miami Dolphins.

http://www.620wdae.com/localsportsstory.html?ID=20050428094541

Read and share your thoughts...

The Good News....Sounds like Spielman is on his way out. :D

The Bad News... the source is PFT. :(

Spielman was a pretty good judge of talent, too bad he never seemed to realize the value of draft picks when tradeing them.

CrunchTime said:
Whether you like Speilman or not I dont think that Saban will feel comfortable with the fact that he has someone beneath him in the Power structure who has direct access to the owner.Would you like that ?

Good point. I think Nick needed him to bridge the gap between coaching staffs, because to my knowledge all of the scouts who had been working for the past year on this years draft were kept on board. Nick needed the information they had been gathering.. Starting from scratch would have S U C K E D!

Less than 2 months for Rick and crew.

TOTAL BS. Come on people, this is PFT we are talking about here.
Tampa actually released a statement completely debunking PFT's article.
I think another team (maybe Vikes) did as well on another issue.

Shows PFT for the 4th rate hack they are.

CrunchTime said:

if I was a man I wouldn't care

I dont think Rick's going anywhere myself, and admittedley, I like the guy. He could only get so much done with Wanny here and he only had 1 year at that. Seems like the same deal with Feeley is it is with Spielman, and I think many want him ousted just because of the Feeley deal. Which , as I said before is a shame, because Feeley only had about a good half of the season and needs a legit shot. Fiedler got years and Feeley got months, and I really think the ones that are down on Feeley are the same that want Rick ousted.

And on a side note, add Brian Griese's name to the mix of someone who was'nt given a legit shot here, because of Wanny and his love of Fiedler. I said then if they would give Griese a legit shot, he would unseat Fiedler, but the guy wasnt even gave a shot once recovering from his injury the next year in training camp, just let go. Give the guy a shot, and give Feeley a legit shot, this is getting a little old.

dolphindan1970 said:
And on a side note, add Brian Griese's name to the mix of someone who was'nt given a legit shot here, because of Wanny and his love of Fiedler. I said then if they would give Griese a legit shot, he would unseat Fiedler, but the guy wasnt even gave a shot once recovering from his injury the next year in training camp, just let go. Give the guy a shot, and give Feeley a legit shot, this is getting a little old.

I agree with you a lot in this post, BUT if I remember correctly, Griese's contract was a 2 year deal that amounted to a 1 year tryout because of a huge roster bonus. In other words, if he wasn't the starter after year one, he's gone. If you were Brian Greise, would you want to get out from under Wanny's conservative thumb, or move on? My answer is: move on. So, he had no incentive to renegotiate.

On the Speilman side of your comments, he's good. We keep him The deals made after RW quit were OK'ed by Huzienga. The two deals that are high profile and matter are 2nd=Feeley and (4th to move up)=Carey. I personally, think both will work out. I think Wanny resented both players last year and "saw" things unobjectively.

Predaphin said:
The Good News....Sounds like Spielman is on his way out. :D

The Bad News... the source is PFT. :(

hit the nail on the head with that one...exactly what I was thinking... :D

Back
Top Bottom