Ricky 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky 2005

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If ricky were to come back to football in 2005, obviously not for us. Would we get anything for his contract, because I believe his contract is for three more years right.

Teams would have to trade us something......

I say...let him rot for the three years AND sue his *** for the 8 million...then trade him in THREE YEARS......

Actually, the latest we could trade Ricky would be 2006, as that is the last year of his contract. In the spring of 2007, he is an unrestricted free agent unless we slap a franchise tag on him, which would be a destructive and unnecessary waste of our cap room.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Actually, the latest we could trade Ricky would be 2006, as that is the last year of his contract. In the spring of 2007, he is an unrestricted free agent unless we slap a franchise tag on him, which would be a destructive and unnecessary waste of our cap room.

He is current breach of his contract so that does not apply......he is our property FOREVER......

His contract is for playing football......it is not for time........

Section126 is right... his contract is only good when he is playing football... so those 3 years only start when he returns to the game. Look what happened to Barry Sanders.

Though, section... who in the world (including Al Davis and Snyder) would trade for him IN THREE YEARS?

If any team wanted him to come back at any time they would have to compensate us for his rights.

I'd bet RW is playing for Oakland in 2005, but Al Davis isn't going to give 2 first round picks for him. I say we get at least a 1st rounder - and maybe a 2nd rounder, but the 2nd rounder might be too much. I was just trying to get back the pick we gave away for Phily's 3rd string QB!:shakeno: Anyway, we get a stud RB with one of our 1st round pick - and either a O-Lineman (UM's Winston comes to mind - although he is only a Junior) with the other 1st rounder. We could get a LB with the other 2nd or 3rd round pick as insurance for Seau and Zach! Just a thought! But we need at least a 1st rounder for Ricky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, at this point we let Ricky retire for good we get nothing. If he and the Raiders are interested in 2005, I'd swallow the pride and get some compensation. It wouldn't even be one first round pick I don't think, let alone two. At this point, his value just isn't high enough. He's a retired nutcase who loves marijuana and has publicly spoken out against the league's drug testing policy. He's got 3 strikes against him already in the drug policy, and a 4 game suspension to serve. And by 2005, he'll be 28 years old. So, he's not the same polished up diamond that he was when we traded two first round picks for him.

Does RIcky think that somehow all of those mandatory NFL drug tests will magically disappear if he goes to play for the Raiders? Or that the suspensions he faces will not apply if he moves to another team? Or that Norv Turner is going to want to take a chance on an admitted pothead who seems to change his mind with the wind?

I am getting a serious Demetrius Underwood vibe from this kid....

A first with some options on another pick. If he goes for more then 1200 yards we get a second etc...

Back
Top Bottom