Ricky Apologizes on his site / whose pix ? (merged 3x) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Apologizes on his site / whose pix ? (merged 3x)

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
run-ricky-run.com

run-ricky-run.com is RW's personal web page....I didn't see any other threads about this and I'm sorry if it's already been brought up....i got this out of an article in the Herald....tell us what you think.

Modesty???

I think its very tough to go on a site and criticize yourself and your team. But reading all the way through his post made me feel like he is an arrogant jerk. He finishes by saying one should feel really good if they get a reply to his email, because it means something. Whatever, as long as he runs for 1499 yards.

It made me like him more, the whole email part was just a thing saying that he can't respond to them all, but I like how he ACTUALLY READS THEM!!!! Do you think most sports players read most of their fan mail???

I thought it was pretty classy. Rather than trying to discourage us from sending him emails he's actually trying to encourage him to send MORE emails to him by dangling an incentive in front of him. He said outright that if your email really touches him he won't hesitate to reply, and you should consider it kind of like a challenge to get him to reply. Obviously he can't reply to EVERY email but he does read them, or so he says.

I like him. I've always liked his honesty and willingness to throw his thoughts to the crowd like this. This isn't the first time, he's done this before even when he was still suffering from undiagnosed social-anxiety disorder. He wrote a widespread letter distributed by the media that defended his choice of Master P as his agent. Luckily he didn't try to say that it was the best choice from a contract perspective but he said the reason he did it was to try and use Percy (Master P's real name) as a way to reach inner-city kids more so that he can influence them and not look like an outsider telling them what to do but someone thats right there with them, or something along those lines. He also defended his answer to someone's question they asked if he felt that Earl Campbell (I think it was Earl, it might have been Dorsett or someone like that) was the best RB to come out of Texas. It was designed so that if he said no it obviously meant that Ricky thinks he's the best. Ricky took the bait and said no. But the reporter didn't let him say, or chose to ignore the fact, that Ricky felt that some unknown guy named Roosevelt Leaks was the best RB to come out of Texas because he'd seen film of him and couldn't believe the things he could do or something like that.

Now he's reaching out to the Miami fan base with a website that he spends time designing himself, reading all our emails, replying to the ones that especially make an impression on him, and telling us to keep the emails coming because if he's in the right mood he may reply. He's right there's nothin like a reply from a Ricky Williams to brighten up your day, trust me.

Yea CK I liked it too..I don't thinks it arrogant about sending you email...He put it in prespective...ask his family and friends...I don't know how he could possibly answer everyone's email lest more read them all..He still needs to work on the design of his website taking up all the page with big writings...I might email and voluntee to help him out ...The site needs a little work..lol lol ...Over all Ricky's a pretty cool guy..

Yeah I already volunteered to help him out with the website. I'm pretty sure he wants to do it himself.

Important: Ricky Williams...

Hey for all you dolfans that want to get to know the real Ricky check out his web site www.run-ricky-run.com. He has his personal view of game from his persepctive. You can even send him emails and he personallyresponds if he can. Maybe the guys from finheaven can get him in hear to take our question like they did with Orande Gadsen. Maybe during the Bye week. Just a thought.
here the linkhttp://www.run-ricky-run.com/

sorry muck i didn't know you posted this already. So can someone frigin move this thread.

I swear I posted this site like three days ago but my thread is not here anymore......am I losing my mind??

39.....am I?

Forget that!!!! When is he gonna apologize for his run-ins w/ the law? Heard he's not your typical model citizen and he hasn't even lived here long enough. I wonder what he's gonna turn out like once he gets his game going. Is his success gonna let it get to his head? If it does the only running he's gonna do is from the cops.:p

Ricky's commewnts about Roosevelt Leaks being the best Texas back in his opinion is interesting. Leaks is not exactly unknown. He placked fullback in the wishbone at Texas from 1972 to 1974. He was the fullback with the Colts during Bert Jones AFC East title years(1975-1977) and he had a good year in 1976 scoring seven rushing touchdowns that year. He moved on to Buffalo in 1980 and had a decent year in 1981 with 6 touchdowns, and very good year in the strike shortened 1982 season with 405 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 9 game season. He had somewhat of a bowling ball build(listed as 5'10" 225 in the reference books).

Back
Top Bottom