Ricky Burned out? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Burned out?

I dont think there is anything wrong with Ricky. There are plenty of other problems.

#1- No O-line- Our O-line has obviously sucked. Ricky is waiting for holes that just dont appear. I really, really have not seen a decent hole for the longest time.

#2- Terrible play calling- Has Norv Turner been replaced by some sort of retarded robot parody of himself? It has been utterly terrible recently. What run play did Ricky excel at last season? The Counter. How many Counters have we seen this season? How many off-tackle runs? How many draws? No, we just run Ricky straight ahead into holes that dont exist.

#3- Teams are focusing on the run game more- According to ESPN, here is the breakdown of Ricky's rushes:

Blitz- 51 attempts
< 4 D-linemen- 1 attempt
4 D-linemen- 55 attempts
5 D-linemen- 96 attempts
6 D-linemen- 25 attempts
7 D-linemen- 4 attempts

Originally posted by Jensencrash11
Ricky couldn't cut him? It was a supposed to be a double team.

Why do you think it SUPPOSED to be a bouble team?
Granted on that situation, it should have been. But after the play action, Freeney was already around Smith before Ricky collided with him. Ricky was running to the inside and Smith was basically knocked off the block into Ricky's path. That's why, iMO, Ricky was going to reun the underneath crossing route. If he was supposed to stay in and block, I would imagine that there may not have been play action called and even so, Ricky would've/should've been running to the outside to help with the block since that id where freeney was coming from all $%#@$#%*%$ day! ;)

Back
Top Bottom