Ricky deal is GREAT for phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky deal is GREAT for phins

It really is a great concept! It's a win-win situation for both the Dolphins and Ricky... see what wonderful things can be accomplished when you have a real agent working for you... instead of a wannabe rapper thug?

This makes me want to perform an encore of the song I was singing Sunday surrounded by tearful Colts fans in the RCA dome...."Hey Ricky you're so fine...you're so fine you blow my mind....hey Ricky!". I love this guy. Anyone who read that ESPN article about Edgerrin James and his greedy, conceited self should appreciate just what we have in this guy.

Not a team player huh?

I guess that answers that question!!

Dayum! I must be psychic. When everyone was screaming that the contract was going to pay him $12 million a year I was the one saying it would be between 4-5 million most likely.

It's a great contract for the phins and Ricky had to accept it or play for peanuts or quit. Not much of a choice.

Gee, pay for play, not a bad idea.

From what I understand that's all Ricky ever wanted. He made a mistake with his first agent and the Saints screwed him royally. With that kind of front office no wonder they have had very little success.

How is this deal way different from what the Saints gave him out of Texas? He made the base salary and was paid on a scale for everything he accomplished.

The Saints didn't screw him. If anyone screwed him it was his agent (no, not the rapper...he just owned the company...the actual agent was an idiot). Any NFL team in the league would have agreed to the deal the agent offered on behalf of Ricky.

Like you said, Ricky wanted it this way. He wanted it this way until he realized he wasn't quite as good as he thought he was and saw how hard it was gonna be to rush for 1600 yards a season (especially considering his early injury problems).

Originally posted by UNOPrivatr
How is this deal way different from what the Saints gave him out of Texas? He made the base salary and was paid on a scale for everything he accomplished.

The Saints didn't screw him. If anyone screwed him it was his agent (no, not the rapper...he just owned the company...the actual agent was an idiot). Any NFL team in the league would have agreed to the deal the agent offered on behalf of Ricky.

Like you said, Ricky wanted it this way. He wanted it this way until he realized he wasn't quite as good as he thought he was and saw how hard it was gonna be to rush for 1600 yards a season (especially considering his early injury problems).

Mike Ditka even said he thought the Saints organization took advantage of it.

Of course they did. Name me one NFL team that would have said, "no thanks...your client deserves more money up front" when presented with that deal. The deal was very pro-Saints as long as Ricky didn't hit his yearly incentives. It's the deal Ricky said he wanted...it was the deal offered by his idiot agent...it's the deal we gladly accepted.

Of course they did. Name me one NFL team that would have said, "no thanks...your client deserves more money up front" when presented with that deal. The deal was very pro-Saints as long as Ricky didn't hit his yearly incentives. It's the deal Ricky said he wanted...it was the deal offered by his idiot agent...it's the deal we gladly accepted.

It was a deal that they knew they were taking advantage of. As for any team taking it, well Miami restructured it because everyone knew he could not have a chance to reach any of them incentives. As for the bonus, he got what 8 mil?

Some teams probably would have insisted on a little bit different a structure of the contract, much like the Dolphins have done here. Because the Saints didn't make it structured straight up to pay as you play, they had all kinds of escalators in there for future years. And these escalators once Ricky failed to achieve them, prevented him from making any decent amount of incentives in future years no matter what he rushed for. He could have rushed for 2000 yards this season and still probably seen only about $1.5 million in base salary the way the contract goes. Now if he does that, I believe his base salary jumps to what it should be, despite the fact that he didn't rush for 1800 yards as a rookie.

The contract was a boneheaded move on both parts. Ricky shouldn't have signed it but neither should the Saints given how much they were vesting in Ricky Williams. They should have realized that ANYONE will hit bumps in the road and the contract they agreed to would only lead to heartache and love-loss between the Saints and Ricky. It was designed to bilk him, and when any player agrees out of ignorance to be bilked, once he finds out he's being bilked he will want a more fair contract. When he asked for one, the Saints outright denied him. That was a good will issue. All they needed do was show some good faith...do like we need and make some incentives easier to be achieved and whatnot. When you're making your RB unhappy, the RB whom you've banked the future on and depend on week in and week out, NOBODY wins no matter how justified you feel in just sticking with the contract he signed. If you truly value the guy, pay him what he's worth or at least close to it, rather than using every opportunity to save a buck at his expense...cuz that only leads to enmity (which it did in this case)

Apparently us. Since he was already under contract and we didn't have to offer him a thing.

But then the phins organization knows how to treat it's players :)

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

and that's the difference between a class act organization, who are perennial contenders, and a sub-par organization, who is historically horrible, with a few recent exceptions...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Apparently us. Since he was already under contract and we didn't have to offer him a thing.

No... your front office gave him a new contract because they knew RW wasn't gonna play until he got one. And I dont blame him. I would want to get paid too.

Originally posted by St. Fan

No... your front office gave him a new contract because they knew RW wasn't gonna play until he got one. And I dont blame him. I would want to get paid too.

Wait .......aren't you the people who have been saying he flat out refused to play for the Saints? That's all I have been hearing from you guys...."He quit on us"...."He wasn't a team player"....

.Now you know why....AND you agree with him...:lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom