Ricky Has No Real Desire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Has No Real Desire

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.finheaven.com/

"I am not in Florida," Williams, the once-and-future Miami Dolphins running back, said in an e-mail message Thursday before boarding a plane yesterday for Boston to spend Father's Day weekend with Marley, his 6-year-old daughter.

In a subsequent e-mail message, Williams wrote, "I am where I am, and that puts me away from the media, away from football, away from Florida, at least until July 27."
Sure sounds like he still thinks football is "the enemy" to me. But then how could it not be when you have a social anxiety disorder and football puts you in the national spotlight? Ricky and pro football is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

yeah,... i posted the same thing on another thread here. he sure dosent sound to happy bout comming back. but like i said if hes willing to come in and contribute to the team winning games then welcome.

its only natural that he's fearing the reaction of the media, fans and players to his arrival. the part that should be taken from that should be "until July 27" which clearly shows hes coming back. he knows the date, one way or another, fear or no fear, it certainly appears as though rickys gonna return and play for us.

shouright said:
http://www.finheaven.com/

Sure sounds like he still thinks football is "the enemy" to me. But then how could it not be when you have a social anxiety disorder and football puts you in the national spotlight? Ricky and pro football is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

well geez I wonder why he's feeling that way...He feels like this because of all of this..this message board, the media and the fans. They all have been taking their stabs at him and calling him names and hating him. It's not like he was given a welcome mat when he mentioned about coming back. Once he retired last year..tons of fans called him a loser, a quiter and calling him worse things...F.U. Ricky...you know who you are that called him this.. This over his MISTAKE to leave football early...A MISTAKE people...like as if anyone in this world is perfect. Get a clue. People react without thinking of the consequences and thus leads to this now. Even though RW wants to return to Miami and play football he's not that excited about having to deal with the media. Put yourself in his shoes now and see how you would feel. You would be feeling the same "butterflies" in your stomach and anxiety. To those who still feel against his return...A true dolphins fan would cheer and accept a player who wants to play for this team since it is one of the best teams around the league. It would be an honour to play for this franchise and with the fellow teammates.

All i have got to say is RUN RICKY RUN !!!! Ronnie brow needs some water so hurry up .

It's not erased, but he has to come back to avoid a potential lawsuit. Ricky said in '03 he wasn't running hard and then quits in training camp in '04. Now there are a lot of blind faith expectations that'll be anything more than a team distraction. We'll see what's in the pudding soon enough.

Personally, I think Ricky would have no problem with "football" except for with him, football means alot of other things.... He doesn't want the fame and notariety that goes along with it. He doesn't want the responsibility of carrying the team and all the fans on his shoulders which is exactly what was put on him the past few years. And he doesn't want to be the "go to guy" 2 of every 3 downs.

One time, I was making a beer run here in Coconut Grove, and Sammy Knight and Ricky pulled up in a Range Rover. Sammy went into the Citgo while Ricky stayed in the car. On my way back to my car, I notice 3 fans practicaly on the hood of the car waving to him... Man, I wouldn't want that for all the tea in China.

Ricky has a job to do, and if he could just do it without all the stuff that goes along with it he would be fine. Unfortunatly, it's a double edged sword that Ricky is going to have to figure out a way to deal with.

It's not erased, but he has to come back to avoid a potential lawsuit.

what? He has already lost the lawsuit. That is why he owes the 8.6 million.:confused:

i say we trade ricky for terrel owens and then trade boston to nyg for plaxico burress then trade gillmore and lee to denver for tatum bell and then trade minor , gordon for a keg af beer and a flock of female mud wrestlers ( just kidding)

Back
Top Bottom