Ricky hurt on a late hit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky hurt on a late hit

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Didn't anyone else think that hit was late.

With the way the refs were calling it so close and fickle (i.e. Freeman P.I. call) then that hit was clearly out of bounds.

Jay even got sacked once where they hit him in the head.

If J.T. nudges a QB in the head it gets called.

Oh well the officials sucked. We should not need officials help, but they sucked.

One of the worst games Ive seen this year. Nevertheless, our D sucked worse.

So much for that mighty screen pass of the Eagles.

It was a bad night for ref's calls. Both ways. Zach should've been called for pass interferance. He didn't even look back for the ball and just rammed the wr.

That angle they showed in the replay when Zach caught the int off of someones foot was the wrong angle to show. the ball supposedly hit the right foot and they were showing the video from the left side which made it look like it hit his left. Duh.

The other video showed it hitting the ground.

Sammy Knight should've been thrown out for punching more than once. :rolleyes:

It's all moot because the fins lost anyways.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
:yes:
I thought it was unnecessary roughness since he threw RW to the ground 2-3 yards over the line. It w/b a tough call because it was a continuation of the play, but that was exactly what the BS call on Seau was. Of course, Turk will be nominated for an Oscar for escalating that hit from a 5 to a 15 yarder.

I don't think so. Ricky hurt his left shoulder coming down. Not because of the blow Dawkins put on the ball. It looked ok to me.

Originally posted by justafan
It was a bad night for ref's calls. Both ways. Zach should've been called for pass interferance. He didn't even look back for the ball and just rammed the wr.

That angle they showed in the replay when Zach caught the int off of someones foot was the wrong angle to show. the ball supposedly hit the right foot and they were showing the video from the left side which made it look like it hit his left. Duh.

Zach did not look back, but his hit was right on time.

On the interception: The call on the field stands unless there is conclusive evidence to overturn it. And as you said only one angle showed it possibly hitting the ground.

Sammy should have been thrown out

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think so. Ricky hurt his left shoulder coming down. Not because of the blow Dawkins put on the ball. It looked ok to me.
Dawkins gave him a little extra hard push right as they were going to the ground

It was just a horrible officiated game. The roughing the kicker call on Turk was probably running into the kicker at best and the PI that wasn't called on Zach should have been IMO.

So the calls evened out. They need to make Officials full time employees of the NFL. The league has too much money at stake to be letting officials decide some of these games. It doesn't make any sense that they are not.

Re: Re: Ricky hurt on a late hit

Originally posted by dolphan39

I thought it was unnecessary roughness since he threw RW to the ground 2-3 yards over the line

LMAO!!!

Ironic that you would reply in this thread. The refs called intentional grounding on the play when (as your av clearly shows) McNabb's arm was hit when releasing the ball...

Uhh, no, actually, they the Jumbotron shows what the referee sees, and they showed 3-4 different angles, all of which looked like it hit his foot, not the ground. Thanks, liar.

no, sammy didn't need to be thrown out..he was put in his place after runyan floored him with one arm

Ricky gets cheap shotted almost every single game.. Dawkins starts punching Rciky on his side while tackling him out of bounds and another was Ricky being pulled down by his dreadlocks in the Buffalo Sunday Night game...

As long as these are called penalties.. but the refs continuously miss these cheap shots..

I'm glad Ricky got back up from the play though..

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
no, sammy didn't need to be thrown out..he was put in his place after runyan floored him with one arm

I had to watch that play a couple of times, because Sammy threw himself into Runyan and initiated a bogus call. Good acting on Knight's part.

Re: Re: Re: Ricky hurt on a late hit

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc

LMAO!!!

Ironic that you would reply in this thread. The refs called intentional grounding on the play when (as your av clearly shows) McNabb's arm was hit when releasing the ball...

You need glasses....he's got ahold of his jersey in that shot not hitting his arm.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life

With the way the refs were calling it so close and fickle (i.e. Freeman P.I. call) then that hit was clearly out of bounds.

Jay even got sacked once where they hit him in the head.

If J.T. nudges a QB in the head it gets called.

Oh well the officials sucked. We should not need officials help, but they sucked.

One of the worst games Ive seen this year. Nevertheless, our D sucked worse.

So much for that mighty screen pass of the Eagles.
i think the defensive player made contact in bounds, so it wan't a late hit. but if you watch it again, he did hit ricky in the back with a forearm after the initial hit!

Back
Top Bottom