Ricky never played in cold weather before? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky never played in cold weather before?

(On whether he is excited about playing in Lambeau Field) – “I’ve never played there before so I am excited to go up there and play. When I was in college we got to play in Nebraska and that was another great place to play. So I’m looking forward to going up there and playing.â€Â

(On what was the coldest weather he ever played in) - “I think it was about 39 degrees. We played in Chicago a couple of years ago and it was pretty cold. We played in Baltimore too, and that was pretty cold.â€Â

from http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2341

Baltimore :confused: :lol:

he betta be OK, particularly OK enough not to fumble and he betta have the right cleats for the frozen tundra.

I am sure Ricky doesn't have to worry about his cleats. The equipment manager is on top of that. He let everybody know already that they'll be using 1 inch cleats for the Green Bay game. I think Ricky will be fine. It's different playing in the cold being a QB compared to a RB.

On what was the coldest weather he ever played in) - “I think it was about 39 degrees. We played in Chicago a couple of years ago and it was pretty cold. We played in Baltimore too, and that was pretty cold.â€Â

Well I hope Ricky brings his long underwear. Temp for game time is suppose to be 28 and will be much colder by the end of the game. :lol:

Originally posted by Squirrel
Well I hope Ricky brings his long underwear. Temp for game time is suppose to be 28 and will be much colder by the end of the game. :lol:
:sleep: damn man, you're messed up if you thought that was funny. Well, I hope Favre gets somebody to lend him a leg, cause JT is gonna be on his butt all game long.:lol:

I was shocked to see Ricky Williams say he hadn't played in cold weather. I'm sure he had to play at Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska in college during the winter, and those locales ain't exactly South Beach. :cool:

Originally posted by MarinoFan
:sleep: damn man, you're messed up if you thought that was funny. Well, I hope Favre gets somebody to lend him a leg, cause JT is gonna be on his butt all game long.:lol:

I don't think is was ment to be funny. Just a weather report.

MarinoFan

damn man, you're messed up if you thought that was funny. Well, I hope Favre gets somebody to lend him a leg, cause JT is gonna be on his butt all game long

I think its going to a riot. Kind of hard to hold on to the ball when your shaking sooooo much. :D

JT is going to be on Favre's butt all game long? Hmmmmm the things you learn about players. ;)

oh how very mature of you. We'll see who is shaking tonight.

Just going off what Ricky had to say about playing in the cold weather. Ricky should be happy that the Fins are not up in Lambeau in Dec. :lol: :lol:

And we shall see about JT. (personally he has been one of my favorite Fins player. I have total respect for what he can do on the field) but to assume that he will be on Favre's butt the entire game is a stretch.

Damnit! I WANNA BE THERE! But I'm stuck in this warm weather down here. Football was meant to be played in the freezing cold, with earmuffs, bare-bellied fans going nuts, and snow flurries fluttering on the ground. I know it isn't gonna be snowing, but I really want to step into the frozen tundra tonight. Never been there, hopefully the next time we go up there, in 8 years, I will be in attendence. GO PHINS!

By the way, cold shouldn't affect a running back. The only problem he may have is that when you run a lot in the cold, you get that scratchy throat feeling. That's the only thing I can think of, he may get fatigued a little more than usual, and it may be harder to catch the football out of the backfield. But, he should be alright, I'm sure they've done everything that they feel is necessary to prepare for the weather.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
oh how very mature of you.

coming from the same guy that told a Bronco's fan to stick something up his butt? :lol: :lol: :lol:

pot kettle black

Back
Top Bottom