Ricky not playing today ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky not playing today !

It just makes sense as there are likely one or two guys on the Saints who might be looking to gun RW down and, as stupid as that would be, it's just not worth the risk in a preseason game.

That sucks... I wanted to see Ricky play.. Wandstedt sounded like Ricky was gonna get alittle more action in tonights game then he did against TB... now he is saying he won't even play??

I like the Idea of resting anyone with a minor bump. I think Jay should play at least a half. He's had very little training and I dont want any rusty excuses when the season starts.

I can't find any other report that says Ricky will sit.. Everyone I find says he will play at least a quater.. why the different stories?

Originally posted by Expo88
It just makes sense as there are likely one or two guys on the Saints who might be looking to gun RW down and, as stupid as that would be, it's just not worth the risk in a preseason game.

If anything, Ricky would be given a free pass. If there was ever a game where he might bust a 60 yarder, this would've been it.

Why would they hammer the guy when we need him to say healthy for 1500+/first round pick?

Its good that Minor, Henry, and maybe Edwards get some playing time .

Most of the reports from the 3 papers are quotes from Tuesday. Why is a Mississippi paper reporting DW's quotes from yesterday and the Miami papers have nothing?

The article from the sunsentinel has many quotes of what Wannstedt said Wednesday about who is starting, none of them say anything about Ricky sitting. I think they are misunderstood.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Its good that Minor, Henry, and maybe Edwards get some playing time .

yeah, i think this is a good move if true, cus after joe horn spouting off yesterday about what ricky said a few months ago, I could see haslett putting a bounty on ricky tonight. also we really want to see edwards tonight! i am pshyched for this guy! if he shows no sings of injury and plays great, we will have a great one two punch in this offense! not to mention that edwards will be the greatest inspiration in dolphin history in the locker room!

This post is simply not true. None of the local papers have mentioned anything about R. Williams not playing.....

Why wouldn't he play???.....He's been looking forward to this game, and all of the local papers are expecting him to play.....

I don't know where this topic came from, but it's false information.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by Expo88

That would be even more stupid for us since his performance this season determines what draft pick we get next year. We want Ricky to run for 1,500 yards. Our D would probably stand back and let ricky take it to the house everytime he touched it just to keep him from getting injured.

That's strange..Wanny had said earlier that Ricky wouldn't play much in the Tampa game, so he can play more in front of the home town crowd...Ricky's not going to be able to gel with his line if he doesn't play..That will be basically 2 full games that he misses if he doesn't play..He wasn't in there long enough to really say he played last game.

Back
Top Bottom