Ricky Phins '05 MVP | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Phins '05 MVP

juice32

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ricky Phins '04-'05 MVP

Ricky may have been the Phin's '05 MVP - by removing himself as the Wanny/Speilman crutch. As long as RW was there to Tote the Rock 30x/GM the Phins were gonna be just good enough to keep the Wanny/Speilman staff in place but not good enough to make that leap to the next level as a contender in the AFC or even take a shot at the AFC-E champion Pats.

Meanwhile while Wanny jerked around and allowed the Defense to age without making a solid SB run the rest of the East was given a chance to catch up talent-wise. The Bills and Jets have put together pretty solid defensive units with talent and youth while on offense the NY teams have settled in on their QBs of the future while Speilman and Wanny tried to sell the Feeley deal to MIA fans.

Feeley may turn out to be a good QB for the Phins but that remains to be seen, and there's one former Dreadhead that wasn't sold on the Idea which directly led to the premature retirement of what might be the most talented RB in Dolphin history.

Ricky effectively got rid of the Phin GM and Coach that allowed the rest of the AFC-East to stockpile talent on both sides of the ball and surpass the Dolphin Talent Pool while reloading with more youth at skill positions.

Alot of Phin fans were down on Ricky for bailing out on the team, but he may have saved the organization from being mediocre for years to come and now MIA has a Coach with vision as well as youth in it's backfield that once relied totally on the legs of the Workhorse Ricky.:goof:

Most Valuable Pothead

It took me 3 seconds to come up with that fresh and original response :lol:

CrunchTime said:
IMO He will not be the MVP under any circumstances even if he leads the league in rushing which is highly unlikely.
'05 was last season.

As much as I hate the inbred Billies...you are 100% right.

Did anyone read the original post??

He's saying that Ricky was the catalyst for the entire overhaul that the organization has undergone in the last 8 months. That because of Ricky Williams decision to leave, the franchise is now in the process of being restored to greatness.

I took artistic license with that last line. :D

Muck said:
Did anyone read the original post??

He's saying that Ricky was the catalyst for the entire overhaul that the organization has undergone in the last 8 months. That because of Ricky Williams decision to leave, the franchise is now in the process of being restored to greatness.

I took artistic license with that last line. :D

But that wasn't his motive!!!!!!!!!!!!

juice32 said:
Ricky may have been the Phin's '05 MVP - by removing himself as the Wanny/Speilman crutch. As long as RW was there to Tote the Rock 30x/GM the Phins were gonna be just good enough to keep the Wanny/Speilman staff in place but not good enough to make that leap to the next level as a contender in the AFC or even take a shot at the AFC-E champion Pats.

Meanwhile while Wanny jerked around and allowed the Defense to age without making a solid SB run the rest of the East was given a chance to catch up talent-wise. The Bills and Jets have put together pretty solid defensive units with talent and youth while on offense the NY teams have settled in on their QBs of the future while Speilman and Wanny tried to sell the Feeley deal to MIA fans.

Feeley may turn out to be a good QB for the Phins but that remains to be seen, and there's one former Dreadhead that wasn't sold on the Idea which directly led to the premature retirement of what might be the most talented RB in Dolphin history.

Ricky effectively got rid of the Phin GM and Coach that allowed the rest of the AFC-East to stockpile talent on both sides of the ball and surpass the Dolphin Talent Pool while reloading with more youth at skill positions.

Alot of Phin fans were down on Ricky for bailing out on the team, but he may have saved the organization from being mediocre for years to come and now MIA has a Coach with vision as well as youth in it's backfield that once relied totally on the legs of the Workhorse Ricky.:goof:

Ricky? Is that you?

That is about the only reason why I have stopped contemplating the various methods of torture that would be appropriate for the quitting SOB.

I disagree, I think Wannstedt was gone w/ anything less than a decent run in January and even w/ Ricky they wouldn't have made the playoffs. They would have been better but not good enough to keep DW's job. If Ricky never left they'd have another hole filled w/ this draft instead of taking an other RB.

Back
Top Bottom