Ricky Ray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Ray

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I excited to see that Ricky Ray is coming for a workout maybe he could be our next Q.B. and we dont even have to draft a Q.B. then we could go after another wide receiver and or oline. Dixon came from the cfl and turned out to be one of the best guards in football before his injury's. plus he is only 24 so he should continue to improve. i like the fact that he has already played pro ball and also won a championship. what does every one else think?

I've had difficulty finding an old draft report on him, even though I know he went undrafted.

Let's see how he can handle a smaller field. If he does well, imo the Fins should sign him to a contract. This way, the Fins don't have a rookie QB (like everyone seems to want) running a team of veterans. Bring him on!

I like what I've read about Ricky Ray. But even if he somehow becomes our future QB, they aren't going to NOT draft a QB because he's on the roster. He'd have to make a surprise.

If ricky ray is just as good as rivers or losman than i hope they dont draft a qb. id rather get a top notch lineman or receiver. depending on who is available

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
If ricky ray is just as good as rivers or losman than i hope they dont draft a qb. id rather get a top notch lineman or receiver. depending on who is available

I rather get a receiver in general. If Reggie Williams or Mike Clayton is there, forget Rivers or Losman.

Can anyone tell me a damn about him. I mean I can tell he is accurate most CFL QBs are. His size is good enough definitely. I have heard his athlethicism is about the same as Fiedler's?

Big question is how is his arm?

Originally posted by Jaj
Can anyone tell me a damn about him. I mean I can tell he is accurate most CFL QBs are. His size is good enough definitely. I have heard his athlethicism is about the same as Fiedler's?

My guess is cant be any worse than feidlers wet noodle

i guess his passes hang (like Jay's). i think he'll be Jay Fiedler with a little more arm strength, and little more athleticism.

to be honest, i would rather draft Rivers or Losman. with Ricky Ray i don't believe Miami is getting anything new. I doubt he could start right away anyway. so it's pointless. not to mention they're no real 1st round lineman other then Andrews and Gallery (carey is a big ? mark).

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13

My guess is cant be any worse than feidlers wet noodle

LoL.... you have to be careful with that misplaced identifier - "fiedler's wet noodle" can represent more than one thing without a correct identifier preceeding it! ;)

Rivers and Losman can't either on a team that wants to go deep in the playoffs.

Jay Fiedler has no accuracy. From what I have heard this kid has about Tom Brady arm and good accuracy. That sounds good.

Originally posted by Jaj

I can answer all those questions since where I live Calgary we have a CFL team and I saw Ricky Ray play here when Edmonton came to town.

From what I saw he's quicker then fiedler he's also taller I believe and he threw accurate and with velocity.

I believe to this dat he's get better season numbers then Garcia ever did and he was only a prowbowler in the NFL.

I think he's an awesome choice

Back
Top Bottom