Ricky To line up as WR on occassion! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky To line up as WR on occassion!

By the way the article is about the Marlins but way down on the article it has this mini script of the dolphins..

after looking at your avatar.. ricky looks like a "tight end".

I think it could help but not alot. I would be horried about him going over the middle for injury reasons. However going deep down the sideline would loosen the crossing patterns for others. He could be a good decoy to take a safety out of the picture. I dont see him getting alot of deep balls though. His hands are small and he is not a Faulk like threat when catching.

WharfRat said:
Save that crap for the Depths... :shakeno:

Seriously Tatonka... you know better....

aww.. come on.. it was just a little rib.. :D

Ricky isnèt smooth enough when he lines up outside. I donèt evn think he makes an average receiver. He is better and more comfortable/effective catching swing passes than he is going vertical for the ball.

I don't neccesaarily like it, but if he prooduces out of this set then I am all for it! Has to show me he can do it first though.

I think it was pretty much garbage whenever we did last year but then again we only threw him the ball once or twice out of that formation. Who knows could work...I do applaude the fact that they are out there experimenting and trying to create some mismatches.:beerbang:

If Ricky lines up at WR, its only going to be as a decoy. The thinking there is to get a LB out of the middle of the field, and if you line up a corner on him, just run the ball behind Ricky. Cause there isn't a corner in the league who'd fight off that block.

Just imagine how the corners would react if Ricky and Boston both lined up as WRs on the same play...they'd **** themselves, lol.

FinFan4Life814 said:
Just imagine how the corners would react if Ricky and Boston both lined up as WRs on the same play...they'd **** themselves, lol.

it would be even better if we came with a three WR set with Chambers, Boston, and Williams all on the same side :D

nick19991 said:
it would be even better if we came with a three WR set with Chambers, Boston, and Williams all on the same side :D
i think a good idea would be line up all three.. have ricky go for flats or screens, keep dbo around there for blockinga nd have chambers get lost deep somewhere between covereage.. if they throw the ball to ricky , dbo will injure a db..lol. if they fake to rickya nd go long to chambers.. TD

Defenses will pay close attention to Ricky wherever he lines up so he certainly would be a great decoy but I doubt his ability to play a WR position.

Back
Top Bottom