Ricky versus Duece | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky versus Duece

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I realize this is not a fair comparison. Tampa Bay has a better defense than Detroit. But since we have been arguing about who the better ruinning back is for weeks. I thought it would be amusing to take a look at the numbers that actually count.

Duece:

Attempts: 31
Yards: 109
Average: 3.5
Long:14
TDs: 0

Comment:

Not bad. But where are the big plays. I thought the Saints traded Ricky to add that big play potential. 3.5 yards per carry? Not exactly an upgrade.

Oh yeah. I forgot the 12 yards receiving.

Ricky:

attempts: 20
yards:111
Average: 5.6
Long: 37
TDs: 2

Comment:

Yep. The slow plodding no big play Ricky who fumbles too much seemed pretty good huh? Keep in mind he left in the 3rd quarter or he might have approached 200 yards and another td or two.

Conclusion:

You really can't have one at this stage. Way to early. But, the complaints about Ricky (can't get to the outside, slow, can't make the big play), don't seem as big today as they did last week. As for Duece, we still don't know. You do have to give him credit for showing a durability (31 carries) that people said he did not have.

But here's the real question for Saint fans. If you are going to give a back 30 + carries a game. Wouldn't you rather have Ricky, especially in the 4th quarter? If Saint fans are being honest with themselves, they know they were thinking about that as the Bucs came back in the 4th.

Just some thoughts.

Both teams won, and I think that is all their fans care about.

Originally posted by PhinKev
As for Duece, we still don't know. You do have to give him credit for showing a durability (31 carries) that people said he did not have.

But here's the real question for Saint fans. If you are going to give a back 30 + carries a game. Wouldn't you rather have Ricky, especially in the 4th quarter? If Saint fans are being honest with themselves, they know they were thinking about that as the Bucs came back in the 4th.

Just some thoughts.

Funny thing is that Deuce was quoted for saying that he didn't think he could have handled another series carrying the ball, that he was tired and worn out. Ricky wouldn't have complained!

Good point Adphin87...

But I'm glad Saints traded us Williams for all that he lacked for them...As the old saying goes..ones man's garbage is another man's treasure...I think we have a great gem..

what dolphans give a hoot about Deuce Staley or McAllister. Do we play the Saints this year ? :confused:

Ricky is a Phin and the only one he can compared to at this point is Lamar Smith, but that would not be fair to Lamar since he had Chan as an OC. so basically Ricky can only be compared to himself.

:sleep:

Lamar's stats....same ol', same ol'

24 attempts
84 yards
3.5 per
long of 13 yards.
;)

Re: Lamar's stats....same ol', same ol'

Originally posted by inFINSible
24 attempts
84 yards
3.5 per
long of 13 yards.
;)
how did Georgia Tech's O do ? ;)

I knew this comparison would come.....I'll take 29-108 vs. TB over 20-110 vs. Det anyday.....Det's D doesn't compare.

Re: Re: Lamar's stats....same ol', same ol'

Originally posted by dolphan39
how did Georgia Tech's O do ? ;)

GATECH UC
FIRST DOWNS................... 17 13
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 43-226 34-64
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 189 185
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 21-14-0 32-15-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 64-415 66-249
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 5-25 0-0
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 1-15 4-61
Interception Returns-Yards.... 1-0 0-0
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 4-45.8 7-41.4
Fumbles-Lost.................. 1-1 2-1
Penalties-Yards............... 6-45 5-26
Possession Time............... 31:43 28:17
Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 14 3 of 15
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 2 of 3 2 of 4
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 2-2 2-2
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 5-30 2-14
:D

Originally posted by Saint Greg
I knew this comparison would come.....I'll take 29-108 vs. TB over 20-110 vs. Det anyday.....Det's D doesn't compare.

stop fudging the numbers Greg.....it was 31- 109 and 20- 111.....The averages are 3.5 to 5.5..and don't forget Ricky had all of 4 carries in the second half....I'll take Ricky.

I should add that last year against TB.....Ricky had 10 carries for 26 yards.

Sounds like your TEAM abandoned the run early in that game.....what were Dueces' stats?

Originally posted by inFINSible

stop fudging the numbers Greg

OMG......How silly is this....forget the numbers....i don't care that ricky had 111 instead of 110.....etc. The point is, I'll take a 100yrd game vs. TB before Det anyday. Detroit has one of the worst D's in the NFL.

Re: Re: Ricky versus Duece

Originally posted by chambers84

Funny thing is that Deuce was quoted for saying that he didn't think he could have handled another series carrying the ball, that he was tired and worn out. Ricky wouldn't have complained!

Everyone was tired at that point. There was 3 minutes left in Overtime and the Saints were wearing black jerseys in the Tampa Bay heat.

The thing Deuce did in this game was he kept the Saints in 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations. Check out their third down conversion percentages... thats what killed the Buccaneers. Ricky would have had the Saints in 2nd and long and 3rd and long because he wouldn't have made all those moves Deuce did to get those extra yards.

You still have to remember that Deuce's strength is on the outside. They did not use him on the outside much this game because Tampa's defense is built for speed and he would not have gotten anywhere, so they used him between the tackles.

As for Ricky.. good for him, keep aproaching that 1500 yard mark. The Saints could use that pick on another cornerback next season since one starter is suspended right now and the other starter is injured.

I should add that last year against TB.....Ricky had 10 carries for 26 yards.

When was that game?? AAt the end of the year when your coach stopped giving Ricky the ball because he was about to reach incentives to his contract to get more money which you guys screwed him out of.

Back
Top Bottom