Ricky vs john riggins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky vs john riggins

dolfan2010

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
WOw why dont you so called dolphins fans out there think of redskins RB John Riggins. He had a great come back w/ the skins after a yr lay off!!!!!GET REAL!!!!!BE A REAL FAN AND SUPPORT RICKY LIKE OUR COACH SAYS!!!!!!DO YOU REMEMBER THE SUPER BOWL RUN AGAINST US?:goof:

dolfan2010 said:
But they both took a yr off!!!! Ricky will return to form!!! and you can take that....to the bank!!!

Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours for awhile? I have some lottery questions I'd like answered :shakeno:

Alot of NFL players take years off due to injury. Its a non issue IMO

We'll find out in week 5 vs. the Jills whether or not a year off has affected what Ricky can do... I'm anxious, how 'bout you?

dolfan2010 said:
WOw why dont you so called dolphins fans out there think of redskins RB John Riggins. He had a great come back w/ the skins after a yr lay off!!!!!GET REAL!!!!!BE A REAL FAN AND SUPPORT RICKY LIKE OUR COACH SAYS!!!!!!DO YOU REMEMBER THE SUPER BOWL RUN AGAINST US?:goof:

While Riggo was an oddball (for his time), he didn't quit playing for the reasons that RW quit. He stayed in shape (for that era of ballplayer) while he was out...he didn't come back at nearly 40 lbs lighter than when he left the game...his head stayed in football while he was out...

RW is a completely different bird. He has to get his head back into ball, get his body back in shape, etc....Heck, he has to do exactly what he said he despised about the NFL...keep his body clean of drugs, just to keep playing...these two players are worlds apart in comparison...

FinzCrazy said:
We'll find out in week 5 vs. the Jills whether or not a year off has affected what Ricky can do... I'm anxious, how 'bout you?

I say we wait to make a proper assesment of his skills on week six. first gm back will be like a warm up plus d. brooks wont let ricky shake of his rust at his house

Riggo was bad to the bone. With him running behind the "hogs" it was powerful onslaught.

Our rushing game never caused the same amount of fear from opposing Defenses. Sure Ricky's first year with us we were close to creating the same kind of fear the league held for Riggo. But Ricky and company didn't come close the next year.

Now a year off and 35 pounds lighter you can forget anyone comparing him to Riggo anymore...

--Ross

bryan allen said:
Alot of NFL players take years off due to injury. Its a non issue IMO

RW didn't take a year off due to injury...He quit football period. When a player is out for injury, he rehab keeps his body in the best possible football shape (other than, of course, the particular injured area). His head is still in football. Most guys continue to workout at the team facilities or (in the case of most UMers) with other ball players. RW has done NONE of this...he as abandoned his football life completely...He will find it very difficult to reclaim his athletic build and his football mentality...Besides all that, he'll be very susceptible to injury, particularly if he hurries his body back to hitting and cutting, etc...you just cannot compare a guy missing a year due to injury to RW situation...

Riggo was second only to Csonka as far as the impact he had on his team.Of course both played behind great OLs and teams.However the relationship was symbiotic.The OL was as only as good as these impact RBs and vice versa.

There are 2 totally different things comparing someones physical and mental state. If you get injured all you have to do is rehab and you should be back at full strentgh. When its mental who knows if he can come back 100% or comeback 80%. Ricky is a loose cannon and no1 is sure what will happen with him. I would much rather have someone who hurt his shoulder and was 100% rehabilated than someone who is mentally unstable.

dolfan2010 said:
But they both took a yr off!!!! Ricky will return to form!!! and you can take that....to the bank!!! Ricky will come back strong, hes young and still able to play, plus the yr off will do nothing, and i repeat nothing but HELP!!!!!

:lol: so you think because one player has heart the same must be true for Ricky? I wonder if Ricky would still be talking about returning if Wayne signed a paper releasing him from the 8.6mil debt. No, actually I don't wonder.....I know the answer. What I really do wonder about is whether Ricky will last the entire season before quitting again or getting suspended. Also, why would a year off help Ricky? He wasnt healing from an injury. If anything the year without serious training will hurt Ricky.
Face it dude, your hero isnt what you envision him to be.

I post regularly on a political forum where one of the most respected female posters is a Kansas grad who went to school with John Riggins. She has reported frequently that Riggins is very lucky he ever played pro football at all. Supposedly he harrassed and assaulted several females at KU, including a good friend of hers, but the university and football program covered it up and kept him out of serious trouble. She said he was easily the biggest ******* she met in college.

That being said, Riggins was an incredible talent especially in his early years. He would take a swing pass and either batter or outrun one defender after another, arrogantly holding the ball in one hand away from his body. I think fans probably remember him from the later years with the Redskins when he slowed considerably and was more of a Csonka type power back.

20.J.G.18 said:
:shakes head and laughs

TRUE. I'll Never forget hi Torching us in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl!! He was a Machine. What makes it worse is that he was drafted by the Jets. Ricky is NO Riggins--as much as it pains me to say. Unless Ricky gets a Labotamy (sp), and we get a Qb-then I'll adjust my position.

Back
Top Bottom