ricky will start..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

IronChef

Club Member
Reaction score
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN
Won't happen!

ricky will start.....
clear.gif

Even if Ricky somehow was able to start against denver (wont happen anyway) then i'd LOVE to see if i could get odds on him running for 200+ after that layoff.... that's an insane imagination ya got there.

Ricky won't be allowed to start. But..if he gets back into football form and can master the new offensive scheme then he will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

Question. Even w/ the 4 game suspension, can Ricky practice w/ the team and participate in the preseason? Anyone got a clue on this?

IronChef said:
Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky......................
Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.............

OK, first off, "regardless of how Ronnie looks they will go with Ricky" is one of the most uneducated statements I have ever read. You are basically saying that even if Ronnie looks better in camp Saban will play Ricky if Ricky makes weight, I'm sorry but you are S T U P I D. No coach (except maybe Dave), ESPECIALLY Saban, would bench the better guy in favor of a guy who WAS great but walked out on his team and hasn't played a down in a year. If Ricky legitimately performs better than Ronnie in camp then yeah, I could see him starting, but no way in hell he starts just on the fact that he gets back to his old weight and runs some dudes over in camp. The better performer will start.

Second, Ricky WAS one of the few backs in the league that could make opposing teams change their normal schemes just to stop him. Who knows what he is like now. While the possibility of the Ricky Williams of 03-04 and Ronnie Brown being our RB tandem has me salivating, I REFUSE to get my hopes up until I actually see what form Ricky is in. NOBODY knows how his on field performance will be, so until he shows me that he is back to his 03-04 form I'm not getting excited about his comeback.

i hate to say it but if ricky is right mentaly and physicaly i think he is better than brown but will ricky be the old ricky?

First of all, last year the NFL was willing to cut Ricky a deal....But now, they know what's going on with Ricky and they will be extremely severe and impose the maximum fine/sanction/suspension..Ricky will have to serve his 4-game suspension, then probably get tested for marijuana every week which won't be a problem since he doesn't smoke anymore and smoking is bad for his astro-body...
clear.gif

IronChef said:

3 "ifs" in the first 3 sentences. :rolleyes:

Brown will start the first four games of the year and most of the year. Brown will start games, Ricky will bowl over Ds in the middle of games as he gets back into football shape, and Brown will finish them in the 4th quarter.

BenchFiedler said:
First of all, last year the NFL was willing to cut Ricky a deal....But now, they know what's going on with Ricky and they will be extremely severe and impose the maximum fine/sanction/suspension..Ricky will have to serve his 4-game suspension, then probably get tested for marijuana every week which won't be a problem since he doesn't smoke anymore and smoking is bad for his astro-body...
clear.gif

I love that video, I think it's hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom