Ricky Williams and the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams and the Draft

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe Saban has told Ricky, "look, if you come back I'll draft Ronnie Brown to do in the NFL what he has done in NCAA- be a relief for you and you can pull yourself when you want a rest, or Brown can block for you".

If you are sensitive to bright lights or asparagus please take 1/2 tsp of sodium chloride along with the reading of the above post

personally i don't think ricky is coming back. and personally i hope he doesn't.

TeeMoney said:
Maybe Saban has told Ricky, "look, if you come back I'll draft Ronnie Brown to do in the NFL what he has done in NCAA- be a relief for you and you can pull yourself when you want a rest, or Brown can block for you".

Doubt it.....I cant see Saban wasting the #2 on a backup, not saying Brown was at Auburn. We have too many other needs, if Ricky is coming abck we might draft a RB later, or we might go with Gordon/Morris hoping Ricky doesnt quit again. No way we use a first rounder on a RB.

That would be very stupid. A #2 overall RB better start from day one.

Jaj said:
That would be very stupid. A #2 overall RB better start from day one.

i agree, we shouldn't be getting a "change of pace" back with the number 2 overall pick in the draft. we need a workhorse like benson imo.

knight6jb said:
Doubt it.....I cant see Saban wasting the #2 on a backup, not saying Brown was at Auburn. We have too many other needs, if Ricky is coming abck we might draft a RB later, or we might go with Gordon/Morris hoping Ricky doesnt quit again. No way we use a first rounder on a RB.
I'am with you, I would like to see us getting Edwards, which i believed is the only player worth the #2 pick in this draft.....or trade down for more picks.

If Ricky comes back I don't think we'll be drafting Ronnie Brown or any of the "TOP 3" running backs. We'll probably go with Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards. And by all means I am not saying Ricky Williams is "promising", "reliable" or the "answer" to our running back problems. I think we'll take a RB back in the mid rounds and/or maybe take a RB with our 1st next year. To sum it up, I don't see any logic to us having Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams on the same roster going into next season (especially when it'll probably mean Ronnie is going to back up Ricky most likely.)

Uh.....lets See............maybe........saban Said...........i Will Pay 15 Million Bonus And 4 Million A Year And You Be A Back Up...........come On Man...why Start A Thread For This! Think Of Something More Original!

If Smith were drafted, would he start? Why should it be the same for runningbacks? Saban could draft Benson to keep Williams supplied.

TeeMoney said:

Ricky williams is the key to this years draft. All we can do is monitor the situation. depending on what happens with him will affect how we draft and when we draft a RB.

The problem will be- after Saban takes Smith or Edwards, then there will be 25 or more threads reasoning that Ricky is coming back because Saban passed on Brown. I don't care if he takes Brown or not so unless I have a different angle in that discussion, you won't see me guessing that Ricky's coming back.

I'm just saying that If Ronnie can back-up Caddy, he can back up Ricky.

Supplied? What? THIS IS PAINFUL .......TO READ:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom