Ricky Williams = boring draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams = boring draft

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
With the acquisition of Ricky Williams for this years #1 pick, Miami will not make their first pick in the draft until the 3rd round. Now as a Miami Dolphin fan who's not old enough to remember the last time they had a legitimate RB, I'm absolutley elated to have RW on board with us. Not yet 25, Ricky should be knocking over AFC East foes with regularity for the next 5-6 years while donning the aqua, white and orange but this post is not about that.

No, it's about how one of my favorite weekends of the year will be relegated to watching the NFL draft as an uninterested bystander waiting several hours until we get to make the 25th pick in the 3rd round.

Yippee!

I do not recall Miami having a 1st round pick in recent years let-a-lone a top 10 pick. OK, I'm exaggerating but does selecting Jamar Fletcher in the 1st round really count as a 1st round pick when you already have Sam and Pat?

Again, I'm pleased with how the front office has transformed the Dolphins from same-old, same-old to a legitimate AFC Super Bowl representative in the first two weeks of free agency but part of me pines for day when Miami can enter that glorious weekend in April with 1..... maybe even 2 first round picks and make one of my favorite weekends of the year that much more entertaining..............

Oh well, I think it's worth it. I will probably watch the draft anyway just because I love all football. I'm always interested in what's going on in the whole NFL, not just the Miami Dolphins. I do have a favorite NFC team, the Philadelphia Eagles (don't ask why because I don't know, I just like them) and I am from Kansas City so I'm kind of interested in the Chiefs pick but the NFL Draft is the greatest day in the off-season so I won't blow it just because the Dolphins don't have a pick.

I prefer to look at the cup as half full.

1st round pick: Ricky Williams + 3 years expirience
2nd round pick: Morlon Greenwood + 1 year expirience
3rd round pick: Hopefully a LB/OL
4th round pick: Whichever of the 2 wasn't taken in round 3
5th round pick: Another LB (get some depth there for once)
6th round pick: Another OL
7th round pick: Our big bust of the year Jeff Ogden

...don't forget the two comp picks we will probably receive.

I am totally addicted to the draft, but I let it slip out to my wife that we don't pick til the end of the 1st day, so I may be banned from watching it until Rd 3. :eek:

Oh well !- who wants to see all the guys taken that are not going to the big one in 2002 :D

Why do we have a 6th round choice? We lost ours for Cade didn't we? Did we get someone elses in another trade? The draft may not be that boring. We are going to get 2 more comp picks. Since both of the players we lost were starters and signed for big dough we should end up with another 3rd rounder for Webb and maybe 3rd round for trace but more likely a 4th or 5th. We might see a trade to move us up in to round 2 or earlier up in round 3. I am all about Terrence Metcalf from Ole Miss, I hope Dave is to.

here's all we got...

from http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2002_nfl_draft_order.htm

Picks
3rd 91. Miami Dolphins
4th 110. (From New Orleans) Miami Dolphins
5th 157. Miami Dolphins
7th 227. (From Chicago) Miami Dolphins

Picks Traded
1st 25. (From Miami) New Orleans Saints
2nd 59. (From Miami) Philadelphia Eagles
4th 125. (From Miami) New Orleans Saints
6th 191. (From Miami) Chicago Bears
7th 223. (From Miami) Dallas Cowboys

This is not a boring draft, think about it this way... For their 1st selection the Miami Dolphins select Ricky Williams from the ....

If that's boring - give me some more boredom please!

Alpe

Draft outlook

Moderator,

Is it possible to get a run down on the positions in which each team picks throughout the seven rounds including the compensatory picks alloted to some of the teams?

:) Anyone have any predections as to who will pick whom?

Comp picks

will be determined at the owners meeting that starts next Sunday.

As for our draft, we drafted Ricky Williams, now let's see if we can get some depth on this team.:p

Most of you have the right attitude...Our 1st rd pick is RW. We are usually just good enough to screw ourselves out of good drafting order. We always pick above the 20 spot and really never trade up. As for the last good RB he was really a FB named Csonka. Well Merc was good too. Most of the time when we picked in the first rd I was like WHO?!?. The only time in the past 10 years over our #1 pick was Yatil Green. Remember him??? Probably not or only as a Cane. So I'll keep hoping for more boring drafts like this while we dominate the AFC.

Back
Top Bottom