Ricky Williams busted again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams busted again!

That's nothing. I see worse then that happen everyday here in Dallas during rush hour.....in the morning!

Hell man, in Dallas a turn signal doesn't mean they're changing lanes....it's a direct challenge to your manhood! :D

RB Ricky Williams was stopped today by Fort Lauderdale police, and was given tickets for driving without a license, no proof of insurance, and expired tags. ``We're not concerned; this is much ado about nothing,'' Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said. ``It wasn't even a moving violation. He just didn't have the proper paperwork. From our standpoint, it's nothing of any great consequence.''

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like, "dazed and confused" was used by the officer as an excuse to search a black man's . Tell me... how often have any of you guys been pulled out of your car and handcuffed on the sidewalk while your car is searched, over EXPIRED TAGS!?!?! Its a sad reality, that racial profiling is an everyday experience for police officers... but its how things are in the real world.

Why does every one automatically think race has anything to do with it? He did not have proof of insurance and it didn’t even have the right tag on the hummer! But of course it’s a race thing!!!

Originally posted by dol_fan_1313
Why does every one automatically think race has anything to do with it? He did not have proof of insurance and it didn’t even have the right tag on the hummer! But of course it’s a race thing!!!

Im sorry... but I know for a FACT... If I was pulled over because I have expired tags, that I would NOT be sitting on the curb in handcuffs while a cop rummages though my car. The cop would in all likelihood give me a warning and send me on my way... could be because Im a clean-cut whiteboy. But, the fact is when cops see a young black man driving an ORANGE Hummer... they automatically think drug dealer. I'm not blaming the cops... but I would probably think the same thing. Its the way the world is... and to deny that differences in race exist, and that people do recognize those differences (especially cops) would be naive.

well my mom used to say people will judge u on how u look. he has dreads beard and all with a whole ton of munchies and a love for bob marley. helll i would prob check him too...by the way im white with long hair and i always got the ****ty treatment with the cops too...i guess my mom warned me

Fact???

Originally posted by grooves12

Im sorry... but I know for a FACT... If I was pulled over because I have expired tags, that I would NOT be sitting on the curb in handcuffs while a cop rummages though my car. The cop would in all likelihood give me a warning and send me on my way... could be because Im a clean-cut whiteboy. But, the fact is when cops see a young black man driving an ORANGE Hummer... they automatically think drug dealer. I'm not blaming the cops... but I would probably think the same thing. Its the way the world is... and to deny that differences in race exist, and that people do recognize those differences (especially cops) would be naive.

Your "fact" pretty much amounts to a pile of manure. While I will not deny that racial profiling does exist, I will say that in this case, you have almost no ground upon which to stand. Let's look at the facts, shall we? He was pulled over for expired tags- nothing to be concerned about but a reason (a.ka. probable cause) to make a stop. Next, he did not have a license- the article does not state whether or not he just left it at home or if he actually does not have license. Thirdly and here's the kicker, the tag on the plate was not registered to the vehicle which it was on. This is usually an indication that the vehicle is stolen or that there is something fraudulent going on.

We, as fans, all know that RW has a somewhat enigmatic personality and he may have been acting a little bit unusual. This "unusual" behavior, coupled with the other facts that I previously stated would cause most reasonable individuals to suspect that something was going on and a search would then be warranted.

Finally, there is the issue of placing cuffs on him. At first I felt as though that may have been overkill but then I thought about it for a second and it made perfect sense from an officer safety standpoint. Here you have a guy who you suspect has taken some controlled substance and may be committing a crime. You have him step out of the car only to find that he's about 50 pounds heavier than you and is solid muscle. At this point any reasonable person would want to take every due precaution to assure that this very large individual, who you have stopped, doesn't take it upon himself to ball you up and kick you down the street like a soccer ball.

The reason that I can make these statements with such certainty is that I am a cop, I pride myself on having very little prejudices (we all have some,) and I do my best to never allow any prejudices I do have to ever affect me either personally or professionally. Grooves, next time you make a judgment like this (which only goes to prove your own prejudices against cops) , and make statements of "fact," you might want to do a little more thinking and try to see both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
the highway patrolman

that pulled me over i kinda had mixed feelings about. asked me why i was going so fast and i told him. might as well not have said anything, he went back to his car and wrote me up! in all honesty though, the gut could have written me up for reckless driving and 110 instead of 90!:rolleyes:

That's all well and good expo,but I would argue one critical point there....The article says the tag was EXPIRED.... NOT, registered to another vehicle......assuming he calls in the tag at the moment of first contact, he should know who the suspect is and that the vehicle isn't stolen before he even steps out of his car. This is Miami!

Ricky

Man that's is messed up NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you see he is going to keep on getting in trouble with the police in south florida, why did New Orleans get rid of him ? makes you wonder ?

don't give up hope fish fans you can always call Cecil the Diesel

:lol:

I don't think Groove is pulling out the race card for no reason. Racial profiling is practiced everyday in Florida by cops. Unfortunately, Florida is one of the most racist states in America today, and there is plenty of proof of that with it having the second most (only to Arizona) amount of hate groups in that state. They saw a black man in dreads driving a hummer with T-tags on it. Now tell me, why would the cop think he would have to run a check on his license plate, if he wasn't violating any driving laws? Because Florida has a serious problems with drugs and since the cop saw a black man in a hummer (something the cop knows he/she couldn't afford), he must be doing something illegal :fire:

I'm just speaking from experience. April 10, 2002, I drove down to Palm Beach to visit my girlfriend who was staying with her family down there for a month. I have a 2002 Maxima, nothing out the ordinary, you see them everyday....right? I passed this cop who was about to turn onto the road going the same direction as I was. We both pulled up at the light, we both glanced at each other and went our seperate ways when the light turned green. I got to my g/f's house a lot earlier than expected. Her sister told me that she dropped my g/f and two of her friends off at the beach and since I was here early that I could pick them up at the designated spot they agreed be at 4:00. I took my g/f's car to go and get them because my car wasn't unpacked yet and I was told they took a lot of things with them. My girl has a 2002 BMW Z5 sports utility vehicle with chrome rims on it. This truck is a thing of beauty. I went to pick them up, I got two miles from the beach and a cop car pulls out on the road and starts following me for about a mile. Then he pulls me over for no reason. When he gets to my window and asked for registration and license, I gave it to him and ask why I was pulled over, then I noticed this was the same cop I saw at the traffic light earlier that day. He told me to get out of the car, put me in plastic handcuffs, I had to wait for a canine cop to show up and search the car.....FOR WHAT!!!! No reason. My girlfriend saw what was going on, she ran up to the scene w/ her g/fs and and started raising hell about it. My girlfriend is lawyer, and when the cop found that out and she started talking legal terms on him, he tried to make up a story saying that a man that fits my description driving a BMW SUV was reported doing drug activity in the area. :fire: That was a bunch of B/S, my license shows I reside in DE and not FL. So he apoligized to my g/f and let me go. But he never apoligized to me about it. :fire: F@#$ him!

Sorry, long post. I just had to vent a little. That article brought back memories :fire:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom