Ricky Williams does not get the job done when you need him. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams does not get the job done when you need him.

Zacher

Is YOUR team 10-1??
Reaction score
He just is not good enough to be counted on when you need him to get those extra yards and carry a team when they are down. What is his story this year?

No RB is good enough to carry a team without any blocking. Lay off of Ricky, man.

If you wanna knock him on something, knock him on that bad block where he actually hit Wade Smith instead of Freeny. And oh yeah, knock him on the length of his dreads. Them dreads are gonna cost the Phins a TD one of these days when he gets tackled from behind by a linebacker clinging to his dreads as he is going in for a score.

Originally posted by Zacher
He just is not good enough to be counted on when you need him to get those extra yards and carry a team when they are down. What is his story this year?

This very well may be the worst post ever! Do you not notice the lack of blocking by the offensive line? Perhaps you didn't see Smith getting schooled today? No RB can run without a line.

Look at Holmes he has one of the best lines in football, and look what he is doing.

Miami's offensive line is HORRIBLE, we will never be a superbowl team until we can put together an offensive line that want's to try this new concept called "blocking".

You folks are more than welcome to pass it off as blocking but when he got made a fool of one on one in the open on that 1st down late in the game it almost got laughable. Priest Holmes and Clinton Portis don't get tackled by one defender.

I think it is just funny when reading this board during the pre season the thoughts about how good Williams is and was going to be. What a joke.

Yes holmes and portis do. And they are both very poor examples as they have to very very good olines, and we have a very very poor on. Ricky got tackled by one guy one what 3 occasions? It's hard to run when you have defenders in the backfield ready to almost take the hand off.

How can you not blame it on blocking, not only is it smith but it is pretty much everyone. Are you even watching these games?

Maybe you should just face it. Ricky is an average running back.

There is a problem when ricky has to deal with the first would-be tackler in his own backfield. Nuff said!

Is there any chance of getting an improved O-line this year? Can the Dolphins do anything? Trade? Anybody that can be signed?

Maybe you oughta go back and watch the 2002 season.

I have a lot of respect for Ricky. It's really hard to run the ball when you have an entire D-Line in your face as soon as you get the ball. I did see some power in those tree trunks that he calls legs today. I don't think Ricky was the problem today. Notice that Brian was running for his life all day?? Might be an O-Line problem guys. JMO

Originally posted by wleague2
I have a lot of respect for Ricky. It's really hard to run the ball when you have an entire D-Line in your face as soon as you get the ball. I did see some power in those tree trunks that he calls legs today. I don't think Ricky was the problem today. Notice that Brian was running for his life all day?? Might be an O-Line problem guys. JMO

absolutely correct sir....

I only face facts that are true, and a true fact is that your posts sucks. And I have come to terms with this.

Are you on crack? If Holmes or Portis was playing in Miami they wouldn't last two weeks and would be on the bench with some lame injury. Holmes wouldn't make a dimple on Ricky's ***.:stick: Ricky makes his own yardage and he only sees cracks while Portis plays behind the dirtiest line that has ever been assembled and Holmes plays behind a great line and even I could run through the pickup size holes they create.

Last edited by a moderator:
what heppened to Ricky's famous stiff arm???

Norv Turner called consecutive pass plays and Griese drove Miami down for a possible TD where they settled for a field goal in the 4th..

Norv called Ricky on a draw to the outside and Ricky was one on one with a CB.. If he breaks the tackle, he goes for another 15.. Instead, he is tackled one on one.. Griese then had to carry the offense and the Colts exploited Miami's weakness.. The O-line..

no, if ricky gets the ball, its gonna be up the middle. if ricky runs outside, its gonna be a swing passs 90% of the time. konrad made more yards on the short out than ricky. make the defense accountable, make em guess what we're gonna do. they already know the passing game sucks!:(

Back
Top Bottom