Ricky Williams Hits The Retail Stores Today....and Aj Johnson May Be Inactive... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Hits The Retail Stores Today....and Aj Johnson May Be Inactive...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that RICKY WILLIAMS will be in just about every Wal-mart....TARGET...Toys R' US....or wherever you can find the brand new---and unbelievably detailed SPORTS-PIC FIGURINE by TODD McFARLANDE.
I know somebody uses the figure around here...when he posts.....and it would be a good idea for that poster to put it up under this thread. This is a must-get purchase for all Dolphin Fan collectors.....you should be paying no more than $12.99 for the RICKY figurine. This is Mcfarlandes first ever Dolphin piece.....and he has RICKY painted and dipicted perfectly...with all the dirt and grass simulated on his Dolphins helmet and jersey as well. A novelty that is a must...... and by the way....UPPER DECK has a brand new RW Bobble head out as well....and that is also $12.99 as well..... RICKY WILLIAMS authentics are retailing for $224 bucks now....his rookie card has jumped now as well also.....1999 SP AUTHENTIC is his best card....now at $80. RICKY RETAIL is hot right now.....and did you know......who is leading right now in NFL MERCHANDISE SALES.....saw the report today.....its Chicago's Brian URLACHER.......RICKY is at #5.

Ok....enough retail talk. I talked to ROBERT BAILEY today...and he was at DOlphins camp today....he is helping DREW now market...the "PRINCE OF PAIN".....O-GUN....who right now....is offering his "signing services" around the local malls down here.

Anyway....he played with TERRY FAIR up in Detroit....and he told WANNY that he was a good player.....better than the guy you have at #3....FLETCHER....he told him. WANNY just shrugged BAILEY off...and said that FAIR came in here....and saw such good competition---that he basically wrote the Dolphins off his wish list....as soon as he left camp. BAILEY said that the DOlphins are not going to budge right now...and will definately keep this new CB.....LLOYD HARRISON around for at least this game. They were gauging TERRY FAIRS interest in playing down here....but WANNY told BAILEY....that FAIR just came in and basically knew that he did not really want to play here......he sees himself as a starter....and told the coaches that.....and obviously....the Dolphins did not see him starting here.....and thus....thanks for the visit.

ROBERT also says that he heard that WR/KR ALBERT JOHNSON may be inactive this Sunday... man that would be a dissapointment.....but they are short at LB....and the OL...needs to be backed up. If thats the case.....then look for MINOR and I believe it would then be DEDRIC WARD....returning punts.

I have always hated that INACTIVE lIST.......my goodness....if you are paying these players...then you need to have them in uniform on game day. The inactive list should be the practice squad players. Its like here you have your final 53 players....after some very tough cuts....and then....just before kickoff....you have to tap a guy on the shoulder...and say....."your not going to dress today....your inactive".

We are literally paying AJ JOHNSON to return kicks or punts......he is ourt best option there....and now....we may have him inactive......I mean....for how many games will this keep happening? I find this very dissapointing.....I know the league rules.....but the Dolphins need to keep JOHNSON in uniform....and give the tap on the shoulder to somebody else. What is the point of the Dolphins keeping JOHNSON......is they just plan on "inactivating" him....more games than not?

Well....lets look at the roster then...... Who would you guys name to be our inactive players this SUNDAY?

DCH

damn...what's up with aj? dch...it's mcfarlane:D i collect toys is the only reason i know...and t. fair signed with carolina didn't he?
thanks for the scoop as always dch! keep 'em coming!!!!!

I've always hated the inactive list as well. Jimmy was really outspoken about it. If I remember correctly, the reason for it is for fairness between teams. Say Team A has 6 guys injured and the Team B has 2, they're obviously at a disadvantage.

It also safeguards against coaches misleading opponents with false information in regards to player injuries. For example, John Abraham has a knee sprain. And all week long, Herm Edwards is saying that Abraham most likely will not play because he's in too much pain. Come Sunday, Abraham is suddenly "pain free" and plays at a high level. Obviously the opposing coaches were not prepared for this and couldn't gameplan for potential Jet defensive adjustments appropriately.

So you see, the inactive list has its pros and cons.

I really hate to see Johnson go inactive, but it's probably inevitable. My list would be......

TE Clark
CB Lowe
CB Harrison
DE Bowens
QB Rosenfels
S Gamble
OT Jerman

There's your first 7. You have to have 8. And at about #6 is where it gets tough. If we weren't so damn shaky on the OL or DT we could probably get away with making Romero or Troy Andrew the 8th in active. Likewise, if Jamar Fletcher was on the ball, we could get away with suiting up 3 CBs and making Ray Green inactive.

But things being what they are and Norv's propensity for 2 WR sets, A.J. might have to be sacrificed this week.

Yeah, Considering we have 6 safeties, we have to be able to get AJ on the field in favor of a 6th safety.

Or even bench McDrops. AJ offers so much in terms of field position. I have to think that he will play. Returning kicks is the only thing he is here for.

It would be like inactivating Royals and saying Mare will punt this week.

Muck , they almost never make the third QB inactive. Sage will dress...so that blows one more out.

Actually the 3rd QB is almost always on the inactive list but he has a special rule being the #3 QB. He can dress and play in the 4th qtr, if he comes in before the 4th the other 2 QB's cannot come back in the game.

That is really intersting news on AJ. Like said previously, why did they even bother to keep the guy, if they are going to make him inactive for the game? Makes no sense.

The mentality of a player:

I consider myself a starting CB....so I visit Miami after being cut

What a frickin mow-ron!

I don't understand the AJ thing..I thought that was the whole thing about keeping him..this makes no sense...Odgen was dressed every game just to do basically the same thing....AJ is exciting and can possibly break it all the way every time he touches the ball...What are the dolphins up to.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

What a frickin mow-ron!

Where did that come from numbnuts?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Hey numbnuts......that was a Billsfan being intelligent for once. Cut some slack :stupid:

I was asking a question, I wanted to know who(what player) said that statement and when. So blow me.

My list?

QB Rosenfels
TE Clark
OL Andrews
OT Jerman
DT Romero
CB Lowe
DE Bowens, David

Seven are easy as has been said. My 8th? McKnight. Turner does use three WR's occasionly but very rarely 4. AJ's return skills are more valuable, imo, than a backup to a backup.

It likely won't happen that way but it should. My real guess for what will happen, as opposed to what should, is CB Harrison. That still gives us 4 CB's to play and both Surtain and Green can play the nickle slot.

If Surtain can't go, which I fervently hope doesn't happen, he is the 8th inactive.

Ummm long day there Chambers? Here lets put 1+1 together.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Anyway....he played with TERRY FAIR up in Detroit....and he told WANNY that he was a good player.....better than the guy you have at #3....FLETCHER....he told him. WANNY just shrugged BAILEY off...and said that FAIR came in here....and saw such good competition---that he basically wrote the Dolphins off his wish list....as soon as he left camp. BAILEY said that the DOlphins are not going to budge right now...and will definately keep this new CB.....LLOYD HARRISON around for at least this game. They were gauging TERRY FAIRS interest in playing down here....but WANNY told BAILEY....that FAIR just came in and basically knew that he did not really want to play here......he sees himself as a starter....and told the coaches that.....and obviously....the Dolphins did not see him starting here.....and thus....thanks for the visit.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

What a frickin mow-ron!

Now do you get it?

You better hope that Billsfan doesn't come back cause I'm sure they would like to point it out with much more ribbing then I am giving you.

Back
Top Bottom