Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
"I'm not the kind of person that has many regrets," said Williams, who recently launched his own podcast. "I do have one regret in my football career, and it was that I didn't finish my career as a Dolphin. It would have been great to play my last year [in Miami]. I probably would have played a couple more years if I stayed in Miami and I would have had the opportunity to become the Dolphins' all-time leading rusher. I was maybe only 400 something yards away."[\quote]

Flushing two seasons of ours down the drain because he was an irresponsible piece of trash? Loved Ricky but he's in the hall of scumbags for that crap.
Could be nicer about it, but i was hoping his retirement in training camp was going to be his regret.

Flushing two seasons of ours down the drain because he was an irresponsible piece of trash? Loved Ricky but he's in the hall of scumbags for that crap.
Laughably horrible take. He's a piece of trash because he made a choice to retire? I mean I wasn't happy with the timing of it all but I don't call others trash or scumbags over career choices.

He made a choice he was happy with at the time.

I'm a Dolphins fan. We needed him and he went to go live in a tent in Australia and F'ed us.
Yeah I felt that same way when it happened, I mean he was by far my favorite player. I know his decision wasn't malicious though. He was going through some stuff mentally. I wish he handled it better but he wasn't ever a scumbag or anything to that degree IMO.

He came back gave us another 1000 yard season to go along with some really great moments over those 3 years.

It's still just sports entertainment and in the end, his personal happiness comes before my fan happiness.

I like Ricky. Appreciate all he did as a player. But he screwed us by retiring last minute on us. It was selfish. As soon as the running back coach he liked step down from the oc postition he got out. Anybody spinning it as not selfish and not turning your back on the team is someone who just likes to spin stuff in a totally different direction. We really been a crappy team since 2004. People can say that it stretches back to the 90s's or 30 years or whatever. But 2004 losing Ricky this team fell off the map really didn't recover totally yet.

But saying thats I blame Wanny more because he was awful awful awful coach. I knew he would suck at university of pittsburgh. guy at work tried telling me they would be playing for championship at Pitt in 5 years. I said he would be gone in 5 years. I was right.

I like Ricky. Appreciate all he did as a player. But he screwed us by retiring last minute on us. It was selfish. As soon as the running back coach he liked step down from the oc postition he got out. Anybody spinning it as not selfish and not turning your back on the team is someone who just likes to spin stuff in a totally different direction. We really been a crappy team since 2004. People can say that it stretches back to the 90s's or 30 years or whatever. But 2004 losing Ricky this team fell off the map really didn't recover totally yet.

But saying thats I blame Wanny more because he was awful awful awful coach. I knew he would suck at university of pittsburgh. guy at work tried telling me they would be playing for championship at Pitt in 5 years. I said he would be gone in 5 years. I was right.
Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

Laughably horrible take. He's a piece of trash because he made a choice to retire? I mean I wasn't happy with the timing of it all but I don't call others trash or scumbags over career choices.

He made a choice he was happy with at the time.
His retirement crushed my soul. Dumb on my part to have been so sad about a guy’s life choice but it is what it was.

Back
Top Bottom