Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret

I have no issue with him retiring. That was his choice and his career (yes, the timing stunk but retirement was his choice). I have a huge issue with why he chose to retire--essentially so he could use an illegal drug. He was suspended again for an entire season in 2006 for another failed drug test. The NFL was far too lenient on him. and all illegal drug users.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, his 'A football life' documentary is a brilliant watch.

yes, it was good. Did you enjoy the 30 for 30 on him as well? I liked the A Football Life episode better.

It was a bad trade for us. Gave up two 1st round picks plus a 2nd round pick for him....he was very good but we had no picks to build with.

Talented, but you can never win with a player like Ricky

I was confused and mad when Ricky retired at first...but then over the years, him coming back and doing well..hearing him talk..I think he's one of the most introspective and cool cats i've come across..quite brilliant..forward thinker..really an open-minded and neat guy. I'd love to have a conversation with him about life or something like that..even before football.

Flushing two seasons of ours down the drain because he was an irresponsible piece of trash? Loved Ricky but he's in the hall of scumbags for that crap.
Career ruined over something that is becoming legal almost everywhere. Scumbag. Sure. He beats wives and children alike too. Oh and I heard he drives drunk.

One of my favorite players of all time. He was an absolute beast in college.

His first season with us was one of the most dominant performances from a dolphin I’ve ever seen.

When we paired him with Ronnie that was nice but Ricky was always my favorite and I thought the better pure runner of the two.

I have no issue with him retiring. That was his choice and his career (yes, the timing stunk but retirement was his choice). I have a huge issue with why he chose to retire--essentially so he could use an illegal drug. He was suspended again for an entire season in 2006 for another failed drug test. The NFL was far too lenient on him. and all illegal drug users.
IDK - it may have been illegal at the time but his reason for taking it was because he refused the opioids. He was ahead of the curve.

One of my favorite players of all time. He was an absolute beast in college.

His first season with us was one of the most dominant performances from a dolphin I’ve ever seen.

When we paired him with Ronnie that was nice but Ricky was always my favorite and I thought the better pure runner of the two.
It was a fun pairing. Ricky was a much better pure runner. Ricky should be in the HOF. I liked Ronnie too.

We regressed but blame wanny for that. Guy literally inherited players and blew all drafts.
Oh I agree he destroyed the team. He was given a top defense and messed it up and gave away picks like he was giving away candy on halloween night.

Ricky is all about Ricky. He’s an extremely selfish individual and he always thinks that he’s smarter than everyone around him. He ain’t that smart, just ask his agent Master P.

I forgot he played a year with the Ravens. One of my fav Dolphins. I wasn’t mad at him for too long. Team wasn’t going anywhere with or without him. Wanny was just going to run him to death

Back
Top Bottom