Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams’ One Career Regret

It was a fun pairing. Ricky was a much better pure runner. Ricky should be in the HOF. I liked Ronnie too.
I do not think Ricky is a Hall of Famer, Ricky said himself he did not think he will get in because due to marijuana and the negative media coverage tarnished his imagine, here is an article:

Last edited:
His true regret was that he got caught .
If he would not have been caught I believe he would have continued to play and retired as a Dolphin.

I do not think Ricky is a Hall of Famer, Ricky said himself he did not think he will get in because due to marijuana and the negative media coverage tarnished his imagine, here is an article:

Yes, I don’t think he’ll get in due to this but I guess I meant he’s deserving as he was a better back than probably 80% of the guys in there. The weed issue makes it a non starter but that’s a shame because he took it to deal w pain and refused the team prescribed opioids. He looks pretty smart now.

Here you go @Fin-Loco, I thinks this is what you need

Ricky Williams should of been in HoF..for guy that miss 3 to 4 yr and still rush for 10,000 yd. Say alot about his talent...

I do not think he will ever get in so you will have to accept it unfortunately
I'm sure Ricky accepts it as well.. his career will always have an asterisk but he did what he could to atone while never trying to take anything away from Ronnie Brown.

Retiring was indeed selfish. But as others have mentioned, when you consider his mental health issues and how Wannstedt used him, I can't blame him too much. He came back and worked hard for the Phins afterwards. I've got nothing but love for Ricky, as a player and a person.
Not sure how you consider that selfish. Selfish to whom exactly ? Ricky owes us nothing. He was ran to the ground and misused by the coach. If anything we owe him an apology

I have no issue with him retiring. That was his choice and his career (yes, the timing stunk but retirement was his choice). I have a huge issue with why he chose to retire--essentially so he could use an illegal drug. He was suspended again for an entire season in 2006 for another failed drug test. The NFL was far too lenient on him. and all illegal drug users.
For weed? Cmon man

Not sure how you consider that selfish. Selfish to whom exactly ? Ricky owes us nothing. He was ran to the ground and misused by the coach. If anything we owe him an apology
His teammates. And unless he brought his concerns about his usage to the coaches and asked for a lighter work load before resorting to retirement, then even to the coaches.

Of course he was free to do as he wished within the bounds of his contract or if he was ok with the repercussions of breaking it. Wasn’t a good way to handle it, but it was his prerogative. I was sore about it for a while, but now I realize the team wasn’t going anywhere anyhow, so I don’t hold a grudge.

And even though Ricky wasn’t at fault, that was a bad trade for Miami. It was a big gamble, and it resulted in no playoffs (much less playoff wins) and a loss of assets. Again, not Ricky’s fault, but my concern is the Dolphins, and what they should have done.

Back
Top Bottom