Ricky Williams Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Thoughts

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Im not really the kind of person to make one of these threads but i really couldnt resist...If ricky does come back to we actually keep him or trade him since we got ronnie now. I say Trade him but to whom and what shall we recieve?

To Tennessee [RB Chris Brown cant stay healthy and we could probobly get a pretty good deal out of them I'd build for the future witha 2006 and 2007 2nd round picks]

To Oakland [They Did pay alot of money to lamont jordan but no one really knows if he'll be dominant here...ricky really wants to go here and knowing al davis we could get 2006 and 2007 1st round picks!]

To Philadelphia [Compensation for him wouldnt be that good but with westbrook not signed his tender and with newcomer ryan moats...ricky could really help this team, most we'd get from them is a 2nd round pick]

To Pittsburgh [With Jerome Bettis debating retirement and Duce Staley still cant stay healthy...ricky could be the anser here but how much would we get from this team is the question...possibly a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder]

With James,Henry, and Alexander all on the market. Why would anyone trade for Ricky??

Don't be ridiculous. Ricky will be a BEAST. Ronnie can learn from Yoda! And Kay Jay can spell relief. I do expect at least one defender to get knocked unconscious next season by getting a knee to their head! This is gonna be freakin unbelievable!

One thing i can say if we do keep ricky

The last time we one a superbowl we had the 3 headed rushing attack...is there a chance that its coming back?

Ricky + Ronnie + Kay Jay = Best Rushing Team in the League

Czonka + Kickk + Morris = Best Rushing Team in the League

Will keep him. This rb duo is going to be tops in the league with no relief to other teams. It'll be a constant pounding if we can somehow complete some passes so they cant crowd the line.

I think you all are taking the carriage before the horse. First off the offensive line still has question marks . let alone on whether or not it is going to be able to block.
And then we have to be real consistant at Qb.

. I think it is kind of crazy talking about having 3 league leading rushing backs. We will be lucky to have one at the moment. Until the line and Qb positions are settled how can we even be thinking of having such crazy thoughts.

First off lets see if we can get tricky Rick into camp. And see what he has left. After being off for so long will he be same? Will he be drug free? Will he pass drug tests? these are the things we need to think of first.

Just imagine if all we do is play Ricky the entire second quarter every game. He ends up with around 75 carries for 300 yards, and catches around 20 passes for another 160 yards. This will keep Ronnie fresh, and build value for Ricky. It would work to our advantage.

If anybody is in a position to take on Ricky before he proves himself here for a year, it's the Vikings. They might not be happy to take on another person who can be yanked out of the league for a failed test, but my gut tells me that Ricky runs the way Tice wants to run. I think a conditional trade that gives the Dolphins anywhere from a 1st to a 7th depending on performance and roster status would be pretty darn fair.

Ricky is playing here if he plays anywhere, though. A trade is just too long a shot...

MD20 said:
Just imagine if all we do is play Ricky the entire second quarter every game. He ends up with around 75 carries for 300 yards, and catches around 20 passes for another 160 yards. This will keep Ronnie fresh, and build value for Ricky. It would work to our advantage.
Yeah, what he said!

I can't see the chance of a trade being very high

for example Edge and Alexander couldn't be traded away, even after their respective teams lowered trade demands from a first round pick. And alexander was alost the rushing leader last year.

If they can't get a second- why would Ricky?

Second- if we trade him for peanuts and he returns to old Ricky form- then what do we have? a 6th round pick for a 1600 yard 9TD rusher. The newspapers would never leave Saban alone.

If ricky comes back, keep him. His contract isn't bad and is incentive laden- with most costly incentives unlikely due to split backfield time. If it old Ricky great for us, if it's astro ricky, not that costly(plus some people get to wear their #34 jerseys again:) )

p.s If you couldn't tell, I'm also in the Boston-low cost/high reward camp

Ricky has no value right now. Hes only going to have to come in and prove himself all over again. To trade him would mean accepting less than hes really worth and less than what he could bring to the team as a player. So whether people like it or not I guarantee he will be here this year simply cause of all the issues and BS surrounding him. Anyone who cares to wager on this can bet with me over paypal; i can alwys use the cash.

Buddwalk said:
Im not really the kind of person to make one of these threads but i really couldnt resist...If ricky does come back to we actually keep him or trade him since we got ronnie now. I say Trade him but to whom and what shall we recieve?

To Tennessee [RB Chris Brown cant stay healthy and we could probobly get a pretty good deal out of them I'd build for the future witha 2006 and 2007 2nd round picks]

To Oakland [They Did pay alot of money to lamont jordan but no one really knows if he'll be dominant here...ricky really wants to go here and knowing al davis we could get 2006 and 2007 1st round picks!]

To Philadelphia [Compensation for him wouldnt be that good but with westbrook not signed his tender and with newcomer ryan moats...ricky could really help this team, most we'd get from them is a 2nd round pick]

To Pittsburgh [With Jerome Bettis debating retirement and Duce Staley still cant stay healthy...ricky could be the anser here but how much would we get from this team is the question...possibly a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder]
You're nuts if you think someone is going to give up a 2nd round pick let alone a 1st. Ricky hasnt played in a full year,and quit on his team last year, so his value in terms of trade is extremely low. His best value is to play for the Phins. If he shows he's really back at 100%, and his heart is really with playing football, then maybe you'll get something worth while next offseason. Right now, you would be lucky to get a conditional 7th rounder for him.

Keep him

Run the hell out of him... This is Ronnie Brown's 1st season, he's never carried over 175 times in a season. It would be a nice 1 - 2 punch. Besides we have Kay Jay. Suddenly the backfield has some promise (even if Ricky dosen't come back). But if he does it can only help. Weed smoker, nut, or holistic healer, the SOB CAN run!!1

Buddwalk said:
One thing i can say if we do keep ricky

The last time we one a superbowl we had the 3 headed rushing attack...is there a chance that its coming back?
Ricky + Ronnie + Kay Jay = Best Rushing Team in the League

Czonka + Kickk + Morris = Best Rushing Team in the League

i cosign that and think about how stupid the league is gonna feel for not giving us a night game we're probably might have the greatest show on turf next year i look forward to putting that look of regret on all their ugly faces :yell:

Buddwalk said:

Your ideas of what we could get for RW are absurd. A 6th or 7th rounder would be it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom