Ricky Williams will be a Miami Dolphin tomorrow..........guaranteed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams will be a Miami Dolphin tomorrow..........guaranteed

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
With all the talk, offers and idle threats that have been bandied about in the last week, expect Miami and New Orleans to consummate a deal tomorrow Thursday Feb 28th at the Combine in Indianapolis.

While Randy Mueller is talking a big game, he has little recourse but to succumb to the market value deal that Rick Spielman has made him. Mueller does not want their principle suitors, Miami, to go into free agency for fear that they’ll tire of Mueller's hard line stance and sign a free agent RB instead. Expect a deal for Miami's 1st this year and 2nd next year for Ricky Williams and New Orleans’s 2nd rounder this year.

your hanging it all out there Canuck, I hope your right, but if your wrong...OUCH! lol

Yeah Canuck. You're really gonna look like a dumbass if......j/k. ;)

Dude, I hope it goes down tomorrow. That would make my month!! I expect it to be something similar if not exactly what you said. I think the Phins just might have to give in a hair to get the deal done. BUT......we haven't given an inch yet. So we'll see.

RICK SPEILMAN IS GOD!!

best case scenario

Spielman meets Mueller at combine:

Mueller: Well Rick, we`re not giving up our 2nd rnd pick.

Spielman: Well o.k. Randy, there`s some good talent on the market now and a few more coming out in the draft. I think we`ll just go in a differant direction then.

As Rick is walking away he hears........OH ALL RIGHT! YOU CAN HAVE OUR 2ND THIS YEAR :cry: BUT WE WANT YOUR 7TH IN 2008:)

I look foward to.......

.....eating my lunch tommorrow, opening up my web browser and learning of Ricky being traded to the Fins. I can not think of a better dessert.

Re: I look foward to.......

Originally posted by Canuck
.....eating my lunch tommorrow, opening up my web browser and learning of Ricky being traded to the Fins. I can not think of a better dessert.

Yeah, but I doubt it is actually gonna happen considering that today the two sides are so far apart.

I hope your right too!! I'm tired of changing my starting RB for the fins on NFL Fever for my XBOX!! Is it Lamar, F.Taylor, R.Williams, R.Watters, R.Edwards, T.Minor?!?!?!? Every game I change the lineup for one of these RB!! I even used Shaun Alexander a couple times!! PLEASE GOD......................let us have RICKY WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: I look foward to.......

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Yeah, but I doubt it is actually gonna happen considering that today the two sides are so far apart.

Iceblizzard69, you're a 'glass is half empty' kinda person aren't you?

The two sides apparently being so far apart is actually part of the reason that I'm optimistic that a deal between the two sides will get done.

I'll explain.

Both sides appear to have drawn a line in the sand and have stopped their negotiations. N.O.'s is hopeful to get a deal completed before free agency opens in less than 2 days. I suspect that one side or the other will therefore have to cave in by that time and I don't think it'll be Rick Spielman because he's essentially bidding against himself. IMO, the only way a deal doesn't get done between Miami and N.O. is if Cleveland makes a bold move and sweeps in with a better offer (their 2002 and 2003 2nd rounders?). Given my understanding that Cleveland is prepared to wait until draft day to make their move on a RB (draft William Green or trade for Ricky Williams) then I have to believe Miami is in this by themselves and the fair market deal in place will pretty much have to be accepted by Randy Mueller.

We should find out soon enough......

Good Day Ehhhhhhhhh.

I think your rational thinking part of your nogin is being taken over by your ir-rational part. dude ......... DUDE, he's not comin to MIAMI. GIVE ME A GUARANTEE. Make me believe.

Does Ricky have a no trade clause in his contract????

I thought he did but im not sure. If he does do you think he wants to go to cleveland or MIAMI. But anyway i still dont think it is goin to happen.

I think that if Speilman becomes smart Ricky will be in Miami, but there is no way he will be in Miami tomorrow. The only reason that he could be here is that I think he might have a roster bonus due soon, but I am not sure.

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
Does Ricky have a no trade clause in his contract????

I thought he did but im not sure. If he does do you think he wants to go to cleveland or MIAMI. But anyway i still dont think it is goin to happen.

New Orleans hated Ricky from the start, and they never gave him the ball and then complained about his production. Why wouldn't Williams want out of New Orleans?

The Saints have no real reason to trade Williams. What has been going on is they figured they would put him on the market in hope that a team would offer the farm for him. They are actully better off if they keep RW. If he is traded his signing bonus hits the saints for the full 5 mill that is left on it this season. If they keep him they get a proven 1000 yard rusher for the cap freindly price of 500,000. They do have adequate back up thus they would trade him if an outrageous deal was offered, but as many of the sports writers are now saying it is highly unlikely that it will happen. Expect a deal for Fred Taylor or the signing of James Allen(we keep getting all these ex-bears).

Back
Top Bottom