Ricky Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

Can I ask you to honestly think about something? If Ricky were the property of another team, would you support the Dolphins trading anyone or anything for a player who is one more violation away from banishment?

Now, that being said, he is ours ... and at $500K per season, he can be the best backup RB in the league, but I'll never make the mistake of relying on him again. He has proven to be a disruptive (yet talented) flake. He has absolutely NO trade value.

I'd cut bait with him. Anytime you put yourself in a position where you have him on your team and performing well, I feel you are setting yourself up for failure.

Technically he has to apply for reinstatement then actually get reinstated before this conversation can take place.

Exactly! Some people seem to forget this fact. He has to be reinstated by the NFL first before anything can happen, so who knows what will happen...either they'll give him one final chance or tell him "Thanks but no thanks" (*coughOnterrioSmithcough*)

He does not have to apply for reinstatement. It's a 1-year suspension, when a year is passed, he's automatically back.
He's not Pete Rose.

I hope we all remember this post when he comes back, does well, and there are "Ricky Rules" posts again.

He does not have to apply for reinstatement. It's a 1-year suspension, when a year is passed, he's automatically back.
He's not Pete Rose.

Williams can apply for reinstatement to the league after one year. He will not be allowed to train at the Dolphins' facility for the next year.

But even if he were to be reinstated in 2007, Williams would return as a 30-year-old running back who had appeared in just 12 games in three years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421774

Nov. 14, 2006 - 9:13 a.m. ET
With the Toronto Argonauts eliminated from the playoffs, RB Ricky Williams' CFL season is over.
Williams can apply for reinstatement to the NFL in April

Nov. 7, 2006 - 9:49 a.m. ET
RB Ricky Williams said Monday that he's considering remaining in the Canadian Football League past this season.
Williams indicated that he hasn't decided whether he'll apply for reinstatement in the NFL.
http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1312

Williams can apply for reinstatement for the 2007 season and return after approval from the NFL commissioner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams

all we can hope is that he comes back hungry to show the world what he can do again.

I hope we cut, trade, or just get him off this team. I was once a fan but we don't need him on this team. His time came and went. I rather have Morris or a rookie RB backing up Ronnie.

Ricky will be back next season and with him and Ronnie in the same backfield I could the Dolphins returning to the playoffs.

I am all about wining games and i honestly feel that ricky CAN help us do that. Hopefully he can mature up as a person and play some outstanding football for us.

I am all about wining games and i honestly feel that ricky CAN help us do that. Hopefully he can mature up as a person and play some outstanding football for us.
That's about as much as a realistic fan can do, hope he comes back and performs at the level that he's capable of. Now, those fans that are expecting him to come back and dominate, just aren't being realistic, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom