Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

chicoboy17988

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what is the deal with him??? is he coming back next year? how long is his contract for in miami?

i belive we can use him next year even though sammy morris is doing pretty good while ronnie is out

chicoboy17988 said:
what is the deal with him??? is he coming back next year? how long is his contract for in miami?

i belive we can use him next year even though sammy morris is doing pretty good while ronnie is out

He's the ultimate unaccountable player of our team. He's a great talent don't get me wrong but as soon as he starts helping us out again he's going to **** up and get caught doing something he shouldn't. IMO we should just try to pick up another RB Via FA or the draft.

He's still signed with us but i've read places that he loves playing in canada and might not come back

He has to come back because he owes the Dolphins money and this is his last year on his contract with the Miami Dolphins.

Brown42000 said:
He has to come back because he owes the Dolphins money and this is his last year on his contract with the Miami Dolphins.
He doesn't HAVE TO come back. If Toronto signs him a good dollar deal, he can file for bankruptcy and deal with the charges like that.

I like Ricky Williams, was a huge fan of his during his 1800 yard season. With that said, if he doesn't want to come back, then I don't want him back. I only want players that want to play for this team. Besides, we have Ronnie Brown, who is our franchise player.

Vertical Limit said:
He doesn't HAVE TO come back. If Toronto signs him a good dollar deal, he can file for bankruptcy and deal with the charges like that.

I like Ricky Williams, was a huge fan of his during his 1800 yard season. With that said, if he doesn't want to come back, then I don't want him back. I only want players that want to play for this team. Besides, we have Ronnie Brown, who is our franchise player.

Yes, he does HAVE TO come back. He is contractually obligated to the Dolphins, and even if he files for bankruptcy, he can't play for any other team unless the Dolphins give him permission. If he files for bankruptcy, than he won't have to reimburse the team for money paid to him in years past... but the Dolphins are the one's holding the cards here, and Ricky really has no say in the matter. He will be back in Miami, retire, or be traded. The only way he plays in Toronto next year is if they pay the 'Fins millions of dollars to release him from his Miami contract... he didn't play well enough in Toronto to warrant that. So he'll be back.

Vertical Limit said:

I don't think he can actually. We own his rights and I believe there is language in the contract that he signed with Toronto that makes it impossible for him to resign there without our permission. If they tried to do it against our will we could probably sue their pants off.

Vertical Limit said:

The nfl and cfl dont want a war over ricky i doubt that if miami wants him the cfl would allow him to sign with them after filing bankruptcy! and incase youve forgotten he also has child support lots and lots of child support LMAO!:sidelol:

Brown42000 said:

recognize doggs & poodles...ricky only has to do 2 things...stay (you know what) and die!

what'yall gon' do we he drops his "not comin back" shoe??

I would like to see him come up with millions of dollars to pay back the Fins.

The reason Saban let him go the CFL was that he was contractually obligated to play for the Dolphins in 2007. I believe he has two years left on his contract as well, so we'd get him for ages 30-31, when superstars like him are just entering the end of their prime.

CFL won't allow it

Not only is Ricky contractually obligated to the Fins, but the CFL just added a new rule at the end of this season that prevents players who are banned from the NFL from playing in the CFL. I believe that the whole Ricky situation prompted them to enact the new rule.
Even if he does come back though, I will never trust him. He is an incredible talent, but he is too much of a headcase. He is guaranteed to screw up again.

Back
Top Bottom