Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

Smoking pot doesn't seem to have hurt his ability to run the ball, so what the heck does that matter? The only real negative to it is the fact that the NFL is so farking short-sighted and narrow-minded that they suspend players for it.

Instead of busting on Ricky for exercising his inalienable right to choose how to medicate himself, let's bust on the NFL and the ignoramuses in our society who think they have some authority - moral or otherwise - to regulate what sovereign individuals put into their bodies.

This is just insane!

Lets break it down.

The NFL is not the only Business that tests for illegal substances. Most jobs do this.

Weed is illegal.

It wasn't just weed. It wasn't just once either.

Certain medications are performance enhancing.

Lastly. Yeah lets just tell the NFL to stop telling people what they can put in their bodies. That way we can start seeing more players come in at 260 pounds when two, three years before that they were a buck fifty. Then when some of these players start dying from the speed and ephedrine they can sue the league for not warning them.....

Screw the NFL. lol

He was suspended for life from the league. He has to apply for reinstatment.

And with all of hte off the field issues the Bengals had, with Merriman, and all of the black eyes the league has took. They MIGHT use Ricky as a poster boy and show all of the current players that if you F' up you ARE GONE FOR LIFE!!

That wouldn't surprise me at all

You must be on drugs or started the new year reallllllllllllllllllllllllly early. He is suspended for 1 year in which he can return unless he fails his
physical.Then we can say goodbye for GOOD.

Yes he was suspended for a year, but he has to apply for reinstatement for the 2007 season and return after approval from the NFL commissioner. I think if he applies, he will get reinstated. Comparing the Bengals' problems with his are like comparing apples and oranges. I dont think the commissioner will hold him out.

If we do get him back, I would try to trade him for a 1st day pick, if possible, if not then keep him.

He will get re-instated. Prediction here is that he will come back to the Phinz. He has no trade value whatsoever anyway.

I can't wait for Ricky to comeback. It's going to be great to have him for a full season. Our running game is going to be sick next year and will take a lot of pressure off of our QB (Culpepper and the rookie that sits behind him learning), so now it's time to draft from OL, a QB, and some WR's and work some pieces into this defense and we will be fine. This draft we should focus on offense and focus on starting to build this offense for the long haul. It's time the Dolphins stop trying for the quick fix and do what the Jets did this year (man I hate to say that). This offense needs a fix and needs help in just about every area. Time to build this offense from the ground up. We got a few pieces to work with but with a lot of those pieces failing us year after year, maybe it's time to start fresh!

This is just insane!

Lets break it down.

<snip>irrelevant crap</snip>

Lastly. Yeah lets just tell the NFL to stop telling people what they can put in their bodies. That way we can start seeing more players come in at 260 pounds when two, three years before that they were a buck fifty. Then when some of these players start dying from the speed and ephedrine they can sue the league for not warning them.....

Ultimately the NFL is a private business and they can do whatever they want, and the athletes agree to the parameters when they sign up.

BUT, the point is, the govt. has no authority to regulate what sovereign individuals put in their bodies. And most of the uproar against things like weed ultimately reduce to "but it's illegal." Well no, it's not, not really. An invalid law has no authority and should be ignored.

Performance enhancing drugs (eg, steroids) actually have an effect on the integrity of the game, and it makes sense for orgs like the NFL, NBA, etc. to ban those... but weed has never - to my knowledge - been demonstrated to have any performance enhancing effect. So instead of people getting all up in arms about Ricky Williams smoking a joint, they should get up in arms over narrow minded idiots making rash judgments that are based on a fundamentally ridiculous idea: that "society" gets to tell individuals what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

If you think about our success the past years has been on Ricky playing he made wanny look good for awhile the retired and we went 4-12 came back missed 4 games came in and we almost made the playoffs this season not there look and this is not a knock on Ronnie because if Ronnie didnt sit out with the hand this season we would be in the playoofs

I'm not counting on him being back with us. But if he is? Well, Hallelujah!!!! :D The man is a beast on the football field. Period! :evil:

I am looking forward to having Ricky back. We had a great running game last year with Ricky and Ronnie in the backfield.

Considering that it was Ronnie's first year and Ricky's first year back, they did very well. Next, it would be even better, IMO

It is funny that we hear the "Trade Ricky" talk every offseason now. Ricky isn't going to be traded anywhere. He turns 30 in May 2007. I can't see him playing more than a few more years. And he has never played more than 3 straight years. The best scenario shows Ricky coming back in 2007 and playing his last few seasons without turmoil. I would love to see him go out big after his struggles.

If he does come back in 2007, which I think he will, Miami will have an awesome running attack again. I don't see Ricky putting up MVP numbers again. But between him and Ronnie, the numbers should be really big. Together, they put up 1650 yards and 10 TDs in 2005. If those were the numbers for one back, they would be considered elite.

Cheers to Ricky coming back again in 2007!! THIS TIME FOR GOOD!! Happy New Year!

This is just insane!

Lets break it down.

The NFL is not the only Business that tests for illegal substances. Most jobs do this.

Weed is illegal.

It wasn't just weed. It wasn't just once either.

Screw the NFL. lol

No news on what he tested positive for the last time. Probably just some crazy yoga drink.

I love watching Ricky play. He is so exciting. Ricky can only make this team better. As I remember, Ricky is pretty problem free during the season, so if he comes back we've got at least a whole season, if the trend continues. So if he comes back, sit back and enjoy your Fins, and if he doesn't we didn't lose anything.

Happy Holidays!!

Ultimately the NFL is a private business and they can do whatever they want, and the athletes agree to the parameters when they sign up.

BUT, the point is, the govt. has no authority to regulate what sovereign individuals put in their bodies. And most of the uproar against things like weed ultimately reduce to "but it's illegal." Well no, it's not, not really. An invalid law has no authority and should be ignored.

Performance enhancing drugs (eg, steroids) actually have an effect on the integrity of the game, and it makes sense for orgs like the NFL, NBA, etc. to ban those... but weed has never - to my knowledge - been demonstrated to have any performance enhancing effect. So instead of people getting all up in arms about Ricky Williams smoking a joint, they should get up in arms over narrow minded idiots making rash judgments that are based on a fundamentally ridiculous idea: that "society" gets to tell individuals what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

The government has every right to tell you what to put in your body. It covers their butts, and it also saves some lives. Is the government perfect? No they're not. They should also make it criminal to drink and smoke tobacco.

You can call it invalid all you like but tell that to yourself when your sitting in a jail cell. What are you going to do if you just so happened to have gotten a 5 year sentence for Weed possession? You going to stay home and write the judge a letter saying I'm not showing up in protest of my right to do as I please? :lol:

BTW, he did not get popped for weed the 4th time. It was for an illegal substance that was rumored to be a stimulant. But to me my replies to you are not about Ricky Williams. I just disagree that you think you should make up your own laws......

Back
Top Bottom