Ricky Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

No news on what he tested positive for the last time. Probably just some crazy yoga drink.

I love watching Ricky play. He is so exciting. Ricky can only make this team better. As I remember, Ricky is pretty problem free during the season, so if he comes back we've got at least a whole season, if the trend continues. So if he comes back, sit back and enjoy your Fins, and if he doesn't we didn't lose anything.

Happy Holidays!!

You mean like a Yoga with Speed drink? Yeah, thats crazy!

And the failed test happened during the last month of the season.

I'm not saying he should be banned for life either. I'm a recovering addict and I commend him, if he's trying to stay clean.

I just find all the excuses people make for him laughable....

I would take almost anything for Ricky. I certainly do not want him back after twice leaving us when we were counting on him. You don't win championships with guys like Ricky that don't have the heart to play. If he comes back it will just be because he owes us 6-7mm and not because he wants to help the team win.

Let's try to get some quality guys in here that want to win and help the team. Ricky is not a bad guy, just one that marches by his own drummer and doesn't get the winning team concept.

Yes he was suspended for a year, but he has to apply for reinstatement for the 2007 season and return after approval from the NFL commissioner. I think if he applies, he will get reinstated. Comparing the Bengals' problems with his are like comparing apples and oranges. I dont think the commissioner will hold him out.

If we do get him back, I would try to trade him for a 1st day pick, if possible, if not then keep him.

There is no way Ricky would get us a 1st day pick. Maybe a conditional 5th or 6th rounder. (condition being that he actually suits up for a season or 2)
Way too risky...one more violation and he IS gone for good, getting older, once the leash of owing the Phins a fortune is removed Ricky might decide to live in a tent in Australia, he was good but not spectacular in Canada.
IMO a first day pick is out of the question.

Ultimately the NFL is a private business and they can do whatever they want, and the athletes agree to the parameters when they sign up.

BUT, the point is, the govt. has no authority to regulate what sovereign individuals put in their bodies. And most of the uproar against things like weed ultimately reduce to "but it's illegal." Well no, it's not, not really. An invalid law has no authority and should be ignored.

Performance enhancing drugs (eg, steroids) actually have an effect on the integrity of the game, and it makes sense for orgs like the NFL, NBA, etc. to ban those... but weed has never - to my knowledge - been demonstrated to have any performance enhancing effect. So instead of people getting all up in arms about Ricky Williams smoking a joint, they should get up in arms over narrow minded idiots making rash judgments that are based on a fundamentally ridiculous idea: that "society" gets to tell individuals what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

Run for office...write a bill to eradicate all the laws you feel are invalid...campaign to the American public for support... and try to get your bill passed into law. Short of that start a nationwide grass roots movement to get your ideas recognized and adopted. Last options would be to accept the laws society as a whole adopts, spend a lot of time in jail, or move to a different country.

The government has every right to tell you what to put in your body.

No, they do not. End of story.

You can call it invalid all you like but tell that to yourself when your sitting in a jail cell.

They can lock me up only because they have more men in their employ and more guns than I do. But application of force doesn't change anything. I am not a subject of any government and no government has any authority over me, other than what I grant it. Same for each and every one of you, whether you realize it or not.

What are you going to do if you just so happened to have gotten a 5 year sentence for Weed possession?

Good question. I don't smoke weed, so we'll never know. I do know that I reserve the right to defend myself from unjust imprisonment - or any other infringement of my rights - with any and all means available to me, up to and including lethal force.

You going to stay home and write the judge a letter saying I'm not showing up in protest of my right to do as I please?

Thank goodness the Founding Fathers didn't have that attitude. "Well, we might as well keep paying this tribute the British demand, after all it's the law." Yah, right.

You might try looking up this thing called "civil disobedience." I also suggest reading The Law by Bastiat.

BTW, he did not get popped for weed the 4th time. It was for an illegal substance that was rumored to be a stimulant. But to me my replies to you are not about Ricky Williams. I just disagree that you think you should make up your own laws......

I never said anything about making up my own laws. :-) I just maintain that

A. existing laws which violate my inalienable rights are invalid and should be ignored

and

B. using an invalid law as justification for an attitude like "I don't want that pot-smoking *** on my team" is ridiculous.

And I strongly suspect that for most people who would say something like " don't want that pot-smoking *** on my team," if you were to ask them to explain why the explanation would eventually reduce to "it's illegal."

What the 4th failed test was for has not been revealed publicly as far as I know, so even talking about that is just speculation and therefore a waste of time. And it has nothing to do with the point I was making anyway.

Run for office...write a bill to eradicate all the laws you feel are invalid...campaign to the American public for support... and try to get your bill passed into law. Short of that start a nationwide grass roots movement to get your ideas recognized and adopted.

Those are all good ideas, and I do work within the political system - to the extent that I can - to try and improve things. But in a way even doing that is hypocritical on my part since it implicitly endorses "the system" as having some valid authority which can be imposed against the will of individuals.

Last options would be to accept the laws society as a whole adopts, spend a lot of time in jail, or move to a different country.

No, there's another option. Encourage widespread civil disobedience with the awareness that once enough people choose to simply ignore a law it becomes all but void. Speed limits are a good example... almost nobody respects those , and the government knows it can't possibly actually enforce them. So they make a token effort by hassling a few individuals here and there and hope they scan scare the rest of us into compliance.

Back
Top Bottom