Ricky Williams... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams...

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Reaction score
Question for all...
I heard on a local sports station this morning talking about RW and a point was brought up that I found disturbing.
It was stated that all RW had to do was show up for camp and get himself cut for whatever reasons and he was off the hook for the 8.6 mil. For instance say halfway through camp he develops back pain and can't practice or play or just has a poor attitude ect.

I don't think the $8.6 million is affected if he comes back or not. Even if he comes back, I still think he is supposed to pay it back.

Nublar7 said:
I don't think the $8.6 million is affected if he comes back or not. Even if he comes back, I still think he is supposed to pay it back.

Even if he unretires comes back and gets cut?

Den54 said:
Even if he unretires comes back and gets cut?
Just minutes ago on NFL Live, John Clayton said that even though Ricky is coming back, it does not change the fact that he owes $8.6 million.

Wow - I heard on ESPN that the team can choose to waive the 8.6 mil if he comes back and plays. This was a week or two ago.

njfinfan said:
Wow - I heard on ESPN that the team can choose to waive the 8.6 mil if he comes back and plays. This was a week or two ago.
Yeah, Clayton said the team can do whatever they want with it and that the Fins hold all the cards. He said that if Ricky proves himself this year the Fins might reduce it.

It depends on the team. The 8.6 million was from his breach of contract. Just because he comes back doesn't mean he "unbreached" his contract.So he still owes the money. But like the others have said, we can hold him accountable for the money if we want. It's up to Wayne.

Thanks for the imput guys, its good to know that RW just can't come back and get off the hook so easily. :D

Back
Top Bottom