Ricky... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Reaction score
I think there is way too much pressure on Ricky. He's missing 3 starting O-Lineman, has played ALOt of tough defenses, and is being targeted out. Watch some game footage, he has 3-4 men designated to chase him down ALL day. and as for the missing starters... damn hes missing 3 what else can I say. I think we need to ease off of Ricky... hes the BEST in the league, and if he plays liek he has al his career.... he'll be competing with Emmitt and Barry.

We need to use the pass more effectively and use Ricky as a decoy for half the game. I'd like to see those one yard carries eliminated and cut his handoffs down to about 18 for the next game.

ricky is an amazing back who will run for 1400+ yards this season behind an inneffective O-line(for the better part of the season anyway, they've played well as of late)...unlike a certain overhyped rb from KC who walks thru gaping holes and is untouched for 15 yards before scoring

Ricky is an excellent back but we can not afford to change our strategy now, our offense is getting the job done and Ricky is a big part of that. I agree that he gets to many touches in a game but now is not the time to change things.
Go Ricky Go

What if he goes over 400 carries, do yu think he will be as effective if we maket he playoffs..

If we don't get there he won't be running anyway. I don't like that he's being used so much but the minds at work must figure he can handle the load now that he's a little lighter this year. Although from a few quotes from Ricky himslef I feel he's growing more tired quicker than he thought he would.
If the passing attack would work as well as it did thursday for the remainder this conversation will be for naught

Ricky can take it. Atleast we're bringing in Minor every couple of downs to give Ricky some breathing room, and Minor seems to be running well too.

It seems to be helping (although to what degree I'm not sure) that Travis Minor is getting 5-10 carries a game as of late. He's gaining decent yardage and, more importantly, giving Ricky valuable, in-game breathers. I hope they stick with it, thereby keeping the monster as fresh as possible.

Back
Top Bottom