Rickys Back??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rickys Back???

:mad:
MarinoRules said:
guys . . .NO ONE HERE HAS GIVEN THE LINK .. .can't find anything on sportsline or herald .. .this is simply bs
it took you that long????

#84Fan4Life said:
My train of thought is completely rational. I along with 99% of Dolphin fans was bashing Ricky when he quit yet unlike you and the 60-70% of other people I have not flip flopped due to one bad season. It's amazing how so many people follow the herd and don't give a thought to the fact that Ricky would only come back for money and not for the fans, teammates, or coaches. With money as his only factor to play he will retire in 2 years once his contract and/or his debt is paid off.

Also, to question my allegiance to the Dolphins is completely crazy. I said that I would take a break from the team as long as a quitter and a coach that supports drug addiction and quitting would be around. This indicates that I do not approve of these certain people and in no way shows that I disapprove of the whole team. I just see no reason that if Ricky comes back due to the hand of Saban that I should support the team with my finances which shows the owner that I support such ridiculous action.

I see where you're coming from, but just because Ricky smoked ganja doesn't make him a drug addict, get a grip bro. Also, like Coach Saban said, Ricky DID accomplish positive things in his two seasons with the Dolphins and he is still valuable to the team. Ricky shouldn't be crucified so much for one action and I really believe with the right coach, he could get back to the form he showcased in 2002.

MarinoRules said:
guys . . .NO ONE HERE HAS GIVEN THE LINK .. .can't find anything on sportsline or herald .. .this is simply bs

That's because you aren't looking hard enough. :tongue:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The Miami Herald reports that RB Ricky Williams is expected to return to the Dolphins this season, according to friends of his. If that happens, the chance of the team drafting quarterback Alex Smith with the No. 2 overall pick is pretty high.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font]

#84Fan4Life said:
Here is one of the great comments I expected to see. Yes, of course because you don't like my opinion I should be a Bills fan.

Ricky would not "play his a** off and give 100%" with money as his only motivation. He would go down and run out of bounds instead of taking a hit to get more yardage. He would have absolutely no heart while playing. He also will probably test positive for drugs again which would give him another year off. Then of course you have the fact that many of the teammates would hate him if he came back no matter what they say to the media. He would completely fracture the team but I guess when he is playing only for money it's worth it huh?

The funny thing is that you were probably saying F Ricky after he quit and now you are begging for him to come back. Hypocrite.

Part of life is learning that everybody's opinion counts and if you don't like mine then too bad. I don't feel like I have to defend my OPINION any further so I will not be posting any more on this thread. .

and you know that money is his motivation?? hmm thats interesting cos last time i checked you are not ricky williams and you do not know what is going on inside his head. What really got to me about what you have said is that if saban takes ricky back he would instantaniously become a supporter of smoking weed and quitting??? c'mon man thats just you being bitter, its not as if saban goes around saying "i want my players to quit and smoke weed". if saban takes ricky back it would be a notion of compassion in giving a guy a second chance and i can assure you if saban suspects rickys in it for the money then he won't be back on this team. also have you ever thought about ricky's mental illnesses?? and don't play a sympathy card on me for saying this but ricky has bipolar disorder as well as a few others and if you know the slightest thing about bipolar you would know that someone with the disorder is not going to hold up very well in the harsh world of football. yes, what ricky did was wrong and made me angry however i am not a wingy little child and like all things in life that are bad i understand that there is a time to MOVE ON. Get over it dude, and understand that this is merely football.

MischiefDolphin said:
AH.. the Flip Flop accusation. Flip Flop... such a negative connotation. However, I decide on the information in front of me. When that information changes so does my decision. That is what we call proactive thought. Why would I want to believe one thing no matter what even when the information has changed. You have to adapt to situations.

Its not like the guy was shooting heroin and beating up women. He smoked weed... There is a huge difference between the two. I hope you can see that.

i could care less whether he smoked or not. what pissed me off was how he left this team.

screw ricky. trade his @ss.

General Grimmac said:
now you're just being arrogant and rude... you gonna try and say you werent pissed when he just left ya hanging? if not, you're probly a freakin liar.

Well I know I was one of the 1% not crucifying him for leaving. I was disappointed but not pissed. Thought he could of had better timing but hey its his life and I dont tend to judge people on how they run their lives, I am too busy trying to run my own :D .

General Grimmac said:
imo, mchperson will not be anywhere NEAR as good as vick. not bad, but he's definitely not 1/2 the athlete vick is. vick could almost play any skill position on the field.

Vick sucks as a pure "skill" QB and is only considered a good QB b/c he adds another dimension to it...running. He sucks as an actual QB and can't throw worth a d@mn. I don't think he's qualified or has the skills to be good at any single position.....however in QB his ability to be 'mediocre' at everything put together makes him a good package at that spot.

Vicks' 2004 numbers as a QB

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2004 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 321 181 56.4 2313 7.21 62 14 12 46/266 35 8 78.1

2,000+ some odd yards? rating of 78? 14 TD 12 INTs .....all these numbers remind me an awful lot of someone else....Fiedler. Only thing Vick did better was rushing stats.....although Fiedler was in the top for rushing QBs as well but just not nearly as good as Vick at it.

#84Fan4Life said:
My train of thought is completely rational. I along with 99% of Dolphin fans was bashing Ricky when he quit yet unlike you and the 60-70% of other people I have not flip flopped due to one bad season. It's amazing how so many people follow the herd and don't give a thought to the fact that Ricky would only come back for money and not for the fans, teammates, or coaches. With money as his only factor to play he will retire in 2 years once his contract and/or his debt is paid off.

Also, to question my allegiance to the Dolphins is completely crazy. I said that I would take a break from the team as long as a quitter and a coach that supports drug addiction and quitting would be around. This indicates that I do not approve of these certain people and in no way shows that I disapprove of the whole team. I just see no reason that if Ricky comes back due to the hand of Saban that I should support the team with my finances which shows the owner that I support such ridiculous action.

So your saying you would QUIT being a Dolfan? Sounds like a QUITTER...

Guys, even if Ricky wants to come back, he cant rejoin the team till July. Now, given his recent past of flip-flopping on the issue, do you think anyone with half a brain would alter his strategy for the draft occuring just a few days from now based on what Ricky said he might do 3 months from now? Thats an awful lot of time for Ricky to change his mind again. (probably 3 or 4 times before he is allowed to return)
The draft should be approached exactly as if there was no chance Ricky could ever return.

PhinDude88 said:
I think that it well be alot easier if Ricky does comeback. He could split time with Gordon and Morris. If Saban knows that Ricky will comeback before the draft, IMO Saban will take one of the Qb's.

How could Saban possibly know if Ricky is coming back? Just because Ricky says so? How many different stories has Ricky made up over the past few months? Do you really think its a stretch to think that Ricky would claim he wants to return to football only to change his mind a couple of weeks before training camp (when he knows he would fail another drug test)? If Saban has 1/10th the smarts that everybody says he does then he will ignore Ricky and draft whoever he intended to before this RW nonsense started, be it QB, RB, LB, or towelboy. If Ricky comes back, fine....use him, trade him, whatever. If he doesnt...big deal, not like anybody was counting on him anyway.

dolfancoolio said:
and you know that money is his motivation?? hmm thats interesting cos last time i checked you are not ricky williams and you do not know what is going on inside his head. What really got to me about what you have said is that if saban takes ricky back he would instantaniously become a supporter of smoking weed and quitting??? c'mon man thats just you being bitter, its not as if saban goes around saying "i want my players to quit and smoke weed". if saban takes ricky back it would be a notion of compassion in giving a guy a second chance and i can assure you if saban suspects rickys in it for the money then he won't be back on this team. also have you ever thought about ricky's mental illnesses?? and don't play a sympathy card on me for saying this but ricky has bipolar disorder as well as a few others and if you know the slightest thing about bipolar you would know that someone with the disorder is not going to hold up very well in the harsh world of football. yes, what ricky did was wrong and made me angry however i am not a wingy little child and like all things in life that are bad i understand that there is a time to MOVE ON. Get over it dude, and understand that this is merely football.
I almost agree with you. What I mean here is that I dont think Ricky has ever been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. To my knowledge Ricky has been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder, and that's all. Social Anxiety Disorder is classified as a Personality Disorder, whereas Bipolar Disorder is a true mental illness. That's not to say that SAD can't be extremely debilitating-it can. Now Barrett Robbins (former Raider) has been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. He was the Raider center who went AWOL the night before the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.
Anyway, I do agree that if Saban allows Ricky to come back it says more that he's willing to give a second chance than anything else. My opinion is that I would love to see Ricky come back and play.

Back
Top Bottom