Ricky's contract extension/McKinney's contract/etc (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's contract extension/McKinney's contract/etc (merged)

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
A Lot Of News, Some Notes

[intro]Fiedler To Return Next Week
The Miami Dolphins hope to have QB Jay Fiedler (hip surgery) back at practice next week. "We hope to get him throwing the ball Tuesday or Wednesday next week doing individual routes," coach Dave Wannstedt said.

Seth McKinney Taking Time To Sign
The Miami Dolphins continue to work on signing rookie OL Seth McKinney. It appears he won't be signed in time for the opening of training camp Friday morning. The two sides have agreed upon a $501,000 signing bonus but remain apart in negotiations on incentives that would potentially boost the value of the four-year contract. [/intro]

Simmons Deal Terms Released
Rrookie WR Simmons who signed a three-year contract earlier this week is valued at $994,500. It included an $89,500 signing bonus and minimum base salaries for all three years.

Ricky May Get What He Deserves
The Miami Dolphins met Thursday with agent Leigh Steinberg, along with associates Jeffrey Moorad and Warren Moon to discuss a contract restructuring for RB Ricky Williams. Williams is slated to earn $450,000 in 2002, the NFL minimum base salary for a player with four years of experience. The team has declined comment on negotiations.

Weaver, Gadsden To Start
TE Jed Weaver will be the team's starting TE heading into training camp. Furthermore, WR Oronde Gadsden has been named a starting WR by coach Dave Wannstedt. He'll join last year's rookie sensation Chris Chambers.

merged

http://nfl.kffl.com/news/hotwire/teams/mia.shtml

• Gadsden and Weaver are the starters are their respective positions as camp open
  • Ricky's agent is talking w/Fins about contract
  • Jay should be ready to throw on Tues. next week
  • Simmons signed for a three-year contract valued at $994,500, including an $89,500 signing bonus and minimum base salaries for all three years.
  • Seth McKinney won't be signed in time for the opening of training camp, but they have agreed on signing bonus, but not how to structure him a the four-year contract

It's incredible but according to that article it sounds like someone tried to take advantage of RW.

This is interesting news:

The Washington Redskins could be close to signing ex-Dolphins defensive lineman Daryl Gardener. Gardener, who was released last Friday, met with Redskins officials Thursday and then traveled two hours to meet with coaches at Washington's training camp in Carlisle, Penn.

You don't say?? Well, rest assured bro.....nobody will be taking advantage of Ricky with Leigh Steinberg aboard!!

Steinberg's all about the money. He didn't even care that Ricky missed his arraignment, which miffed Phins management. Too busy talking contract. And he (Steinberg) wonders why the Phins are dragging their feet about it.

I think we were pretty clear before the trade that Ricky's not getting an extra dime until he proves himself in a Phins uni, then he will be taken care of JT/Zach/Madison/Surtain style.

I don't think he deserves anything right now. He signed a contract and got millions of dollars. His deal has incentives he thought were a good idea at the time and should honor his contract for this year as a show of faith in management.

If he puts a monster year we'll restructure some...but I still wouldn't give him a monster deal until he does it twice.

more on Simmons' Deal

Dolphins | Contract Breakdown: Sam Simmons - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:00 PT: Updating previous reports, ESPN.com’s Len Pasquarelli reports WR Sam Simmons’ deal with the Miami Dolphins is worth $994,500 over three years. He landed a $89,500 signing bonus and base salaries of $225,000 (2002), $300,000 (2003) and $380,000 (2004).

that 89.5K will go a little ways to feed his 2 kids, but not buy them house or anything. Now making 225K will go a long ways - good luck Sam in winning PR duties. :D

Originally posted by Muck
You don't say?? Well, rest assured bro.....nobody will be taking advantage of Ricky with Leigh Steinberg aboard!!

Steinberg's all about the money. He didn't even care that Ricky missed his arraignment, which miffed Phins management. Too busy talking contract. And he (Steinberg) wonders why the Phins are dragging their feet about it.
I know I can be a bit naive at times. I never lost all my idealism.

I agree with CKP and Phinstd: Williams is a journeyman, a bum, untill he proves otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom