rickys first day in training camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickys first day in training camp

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
When our fins get strapped up, i wanna see ricky get cleaned just once. I think Jason or Zach will try extra hard to put a nice hit on him before all the hard feelings are dropped. Just my opinion..

SQuinn17 said:
When our fins get strapped up, i wanna see ricky get cleaned just once. I think Jason or Zach will try extra hard to put a nice hit on him before all the hard feelings are dropped. Just my opinion..

I think it's pretty likely.
:cooldude:

can someone sneak a video camera into Jason Taylor's helmet? Maybe Seth McKinney, so that we can hear what is said in the huddle on that first day....

miamirw said:
can someone sneak a video camera into Jason Taylor's helmet? Maybe Seth McKinney, so that we can hear what is said in the huddle on that first day....

That's only if McKinney is in on the 1st team to practice...

Agua said:
I think it's pretty likely.
:cooldude:

I agree. They were quite blunt about their opinions of Ricky when he skipped out on them if I am not too badly mistaken.

As a football fan (not just a Bills Fan) I feel locker room issues like Ricky are a detriment to the team. God knows, they have hampered the Bills in the past (and I worry about our current issue with Henry), the Eagles last year, The Lakers, Yankees, and even the Dolphins. Sadly when you have a guy who can contribute significantly with a poor attitude or ****y self-serving attitude, there becomes a measure of discord among the team. Football is one of the ultimate team sports, and there is no I in team... but that one talent can really make a huge differance. So much so that their presence is required for a good performance, but at the same time becomes a detriment when it comes time to win the big one. One player with such issue can destroy everything they would be able to accomplish if they just maintained a better more professional attitude.

sandt38 said:
I agree. They were quite blunt about their opinions of Ricky when he skipped out on them if I am not too badly mistaken.

As a football fan (not just a Bills Fan) I feel locker room issues like Ricky are a detriment to the team. God knows, they have hampered the Bills in the past (and I worry about our current issue with Henry), the Eagles last year, The Lakers, Yankees, and even the Dolphins. Sadly when you have a guy who can contribute significantly with a poor attitude or ****y self-serving attitude, there becomes a measure of discord among the team. Football is one of the ultimate team sports, and there is no I in team... but that one talent can really make a huge differance. So much so that their presence is required for a good performance, but at the same time becomes a detriment when it comes time to win the big one. One player with such issue can destroy everything they would be able to accomplish if they just maintained a better more professional attitude.

very good point...

TooDrkPark said:
very good point...
Good post, good point. However, Saban even said (the Christmas tree speech with one light going out and then the rest are out) that if there is a problem with one person (RW in this case) that he will not allow them to ruin the team.

I don't disagree with what you say. Just look at the terrel Owens situation. that's going to be a MAJOR distraction for that team all year. But I do believe ricky's situation is different. It's not that he's got an ego like the other "problem" children. He's got a mental problem. So the danger is not so much he'll be a cancer as he'll change his mind again at the drop of a hat when he wants to smoke again. Like it or not, Ricky's a guy in search of something. Call it meaning, call it self whatever. What he did was extremely selfish, but when put in the context of his anxiety disorder, it's more of a cowardice move than a jerk move (like so many childish players out there). I'm not as angry with Ricky as I am sympathetic. But only to the point where I'll give him one chance, and one chance only and I will NOT make him the focus of our team. The best he gets is "change of pace" back to Brown who will carry the load. Every one deserves a second chance. No one deserves a third. It's one strike.

Finally, i believe it's going to be awful rough on him the first three months both from a team standpoint (everyone will be looking to get their licks in) and from a fan standpoint (the first home game where he comes in, he's going to get booed mercilessly). If he's man enough to take the abuse he's surely going to receive, and he's willing to accept a below value contract (in exchange for the Dolphins being gracious enough to give him a chance), then I'm okay with it. I don't see him being a problem in the lockeroom like Owens would be. Especially not with Nick Saban running the show. Were it Dave Wannstedt last year, i'd have a different opinion, but Saban I trust. He's not going to let the Ricky situation turn into a side show. Ricky will be the back up and it'll be nice to have a good strong running back in the wings for when Rookie Ronnie Brown's legs get tired in December.

The thing is I don't think Ricky was every a problem in the locker room, I thought he was a quiet guy who didn't say much, the only problem with him was he quit the team last year, he never said anything bad about any of the players, I don't think. There may be some hard feelings, but I don't see him being a cancer.

SQuinn17 said:

Real smart. Let's take a cheap shot on Ricky, and hope he gets hurt in the process. That way we can put all of the load onto Brown, an unproven rookie RB....

Please. We'd be much better off allowing Ricky to come back at his own pace. Having someone on defense jack him up would be very foolish in terms of our 2005 season. He deserves punishment, but what good will it do to administer pain in the process????....

PHINZ RULE!!!

no its not a cheap shot...its called welcome back to football ricky

Back
Top Bottom