Rickys Roster spot ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rickys Roster spot ?

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Reaction score
Since he is out four games Does he count on the 53 man roster or will we ba able to hold on to and extra RB etc for the first 4 games?? and maybe try and trade etc.

Booooooooooooooo!!!!! :fire: :yell:

The way I understand it is that he wont be counted against the roster until he plays.
That means a player would have to be cut or placed on the practice squad or IR when he is allowed to play.

More than likely he will be given an automatic spot. He is a great back. Just a quitter. I hope he does fine.

paq7512 said:
More than likely he will be given an automatic spot. He is a great back. Just a quitter. I hope he does fine.
Im sure he will get a spot at the week4 mark after his suspension I was just hoping we could hold an "extra" player for those 4 weeks.

CrunchTime said:
The way I understand it is that he wont be counted against the roster until he plays.
That means a player would have to be cut or placed on the practice squad or IR when he is allowed to play.
I think you're right... that's what I was thinking. We might as well too, why waste a valuable roster spot while Ricky's serving his suspension... A great suitor that comes to mind would be Kay Jay Harris (if he doesn't make the team). It would be a great opportunity to have him on the 53-man roster while Ricky is serving his supsension, then most likely place him on PS when Ricky returns.

We are assuming that he survives training camp and decides that we wont retire 1 week ahead of time?

zeke0123 said:
Im sure he will get a spot at the week4 mark after his suspension I was just hoping we could hold an "extra" player for those 4 weeks.
That "extra" player would most likely be a guy from the practice squad who would go right back once Ricky returned.

CrunchTime said:

I think that's how it works. If he's suspended, then he doesn't count agains the active roster. It just means someone will have to hold his spot for 4 weeks.

It is sometimes a bit more difficult to sneak someone onto the practice squad after the final cutdown. Teams have more time to review the lists and their needs after a few weeks are more clear. Likely the guy cut will be someone who was inactive the first four weeks so no one gets a look at him.

Minor can have his spot for those 4 weeks. Then dump him.

I'm thinking he is going to be injury prone this year due to the 1 year layoff & weight loss/gain. Thats hard on a body. We'll see...

paq7512 said:

too bad he lost 35 lbs and hasnt played football in a year, but yeah i will agree that he is a great back as soon as he is back into great shape and plays hard during preseason, but he was a great back its up to him if he still is a great back if you know what i mean

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I think that's how it works. If he's suspended, then he doesn't count agains the active roster. It just means someone will have to hold his spot for 4 weeks.

Minor -- then he will get cut.

Back
Top Bottom