Ricky's shoulder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's shoulder

echo_bravo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I read on run-ricky-run.com that Ricky says his shoulder is "extremely sore" now. He also goes on to say that it has been like that for awhile.

I dont think this is a MAJOR concern, but it is a concern. He seems like he has dealed with this before, so lets hope he can continue to do so.

There was also a little article about it on the Herald.

Dolphins | Ricky Sore, But Fine? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
7:13 PT: The Sun Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams (shoulder) said he was sore, and that he might require post-season surgery on his shoulder. The Dolphins haven't put Williams on the injury report this week. Coach Dave Wannstedt didn't seem concerned Monday about Williams injury. Williams had this to say on his personal web site, "My shoulder was extremely sore after this week's game, and it is always going to be. The trainers told me that it's basically going to flare up every time I get hit on it directly because I've got so much junk in my shoulders from the wear and tear of football. I've gotten what seems like hundreds of X-rays, and it's amazing to see how much stuff is in my joints."

As "different" as Ricky seems and the way he talks on his website.....

Does anyone else get the feeling that he'll always be a risk of pulling off a Barry Sanders and just dissapearing someday?

Hopefully we can take advantage of his skills while he is still with us upstairs! :goof:

Anyone think Robert Edwards is good enough to step in and sustain an above average running game if Williams were to get injured?

We haven't seen him much but from the runs I have seen.....
If he can stay healthy, I think he'd have a chance to be a league leading rusher as well.

Regardless the Fins are DONE with their Injury bug problem!
No more OL or any other injuries!

:monkey: Dolphin Injury bug

Wear and Tear? He's only what..........25 yrs old? That's something you'd expect to hear from a 30yr old RB. I hope he's alright.....I want 1,500yrds.....not to mention he's the top player on my fantasy team....but this stuff sounds too darn familiar.

at least he isn't talking about his ankle....that's what really made him miss time in his first two seasons with us.....Ankle injurys killed him.

Well if it's not keeping him outta the games it can't be all bad. Wanny isn't even taking it seriously. Might just be a Mark Dixon attitude :)

If RW was expected to put this team on his shoulders, we are trouble luckily he is not, but still worrisome

Nah he just has to put this team on his back now instead :)

I wonder if this will make him any more tentative hitting the hole, or worse cause his habit to fumble to get worse. Everyone else seems to think it is just a minor thing, but if he is having nagging injuries after week 1, well, think about week 8 or week 15. Perhaps its a good thing we have Edwards as the 3rd down back. It is going to lessen some wear and tear on Ricky that way.

It is a minor thing. If any other dolphin right now complained of a sore something it would be ignored unless Wanny made it an issue. It's only cause it's Ricky that this is even hitting the media.

Guy could stub his toe and it would make national headlines.

False Info

This is just a ploy by RW to get defenders to hit him high so he can continue to gring out more yards and reach his new contract incentives.imo.:D

I think he's just trying to lure defenses into trying to hit him high, rather than going for his ankles.

Originally posted by codename47
I think he's just trying to lure defenses into trying to hit him high, rather than going for his ankles.

That would be a pretty cool strategy, they try to hit him above the waist and then he ends up with like 250 yards or something like that. That would be pretty cool. GO RICKY!!!!

Originally posted by chambers84

That would be a pretty cool strategy, they try to hit him above the waist and then he ends up with like 250 yards or something like that.

That would be awesome!!! 111 down, 1389 to go!!!

Back
Top Bottom