Ricky's Yards Per Carry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's Yards Per Carry

J-E-T-S

Down with the Fins
Reaction score
I have a ? for you guys, and do not take this as smack at all. I saw somewhere that Ricky was averaging 3.4 yards a carry. I happen to think that Williams is a great back, living in South Florida last year, and seeing almost all of his games. I am now in North Carolina and have only seen the Fins maybe twice. Is this horrible YPC due to poor blocking, lack of variety on offense, or was he just playing above himself last year??

D) All of the above.

Although... not so much that he was playing ABOVE himself last year, but that all the other problems are causing him to not be so decisive and he is stutter stepping in the backfield on many of his runs. He still has shown flashes of being the same back he was last year capable of leading the league in rushing and leaving defenses in his dust, but just too many things are stacked against him for him to be successful this year.

Poor offensive blocking and lack of a passing threat are the 2 main reasons..

As poorly as 3.4 yards per carry sounds, Miami's defense is allowing 2.6 yards per carry to opposing offenses :lol:

That's amazing.. #1 in NFL

All. The OL has been bad, playing calling limited, passing game non-existant, and is not as decisive in his running. Last year he got the two yards instead of dancing around for a 4 yard loss.

Line line line.

If Ricky actually has a chance to get PAST the line he can usually get quite a bit of yards, as well as the long ones from last year. Can't do a lot when you're getting hit in the backfield on about 45% of your runs.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
I have a ? for you guys, and do not take this as smack at all. I saw somewhere that Ricky was averaging 3.4 yards a carry. I happen to think that Williams is a great back, living in South Florida last year, and seeing almost all of his games. I am now in North Carolina and have only seen the Fins maybe twice. Is this horrible YPC due to poor blocking, lack of variety on offense, or was he just playing above himself last year??

Three carries at 3.4 yard per = 1st down~~

3.4 yards per carry is crap don't kid yourselves guys.

Originally posted by Jaj
3.4 yards per carry is crap don't kid yourselves guys.

3.4 yards per carry is a first down in three tries! It moves the chains!

I'm not trying to kid anyone, and lets all not be fooled that this offensive line sux this year!!!

Back
Top Bottom