Right On: Chucky Atkins Blasts Kobe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Right On: Chucky Atkins Blasts Kobe

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Atkins tells us what we already know; Kobe is the Lakers GM

clear.gif

"I ain't the GM of this team," Atkins told the Los Angeles Times. "Kobe's the GM of this team. Ask Kobe. You've been watching this [stuff] all year. You've been watching it and I've been playing it."

Team sources told the paper Atkins has been frustrated by Bryant's criticisms of his defensive play. Atkins also reportedly is irritated by how many shots Bryant takes.

Atkins told the Times "it was hard to play with anybody that's a star" when asked how it was to play with Bryant.

kobe_bryant-1.jpg

14703JPG-1.jpg

It seems like nobody want to play for the cancer Kobe anymore. Maybe he needs to learn about a little thing you would call being a true leader and not trying to make it Kobe show.

8th loss in a row yesterday. It's a sad time for Laker fans such as myself. I really wonder what's the next step now. They can get rid of Atkins but that won't fix anything in the long term. Kobe's going to need to grow up fast and change his attitude. IMO it's all about attitude.
People say he takes too many shots, well look at that stats, in terms of FG attempts, players like D.Wade, Lebron, and Micheal Redd all take more shot attempts. I've never heard Shaq or Ilgauskas complain that these guys take too many shots, are a bad influence and control the team.
The Lakers downfall started with Jerry West's exit. Since then, Kupchak was promoted as GM, he's being controled by Buss, who's being controled by Kobe. In other words, Kobe can run the team the way he wants since he has an owner who thinks he's the greatest basketball player in the world.
The first thing they need to do is bring in a veteran coach (Larry Brown would be ideal) and fire Kupchak so they can change the dynamic of the team. Then I suspect they'll make personnel changes...I'll let the new GM decide if he wants to get rid of Kobe or try and build again around him (hasn't worked this season)

Pink_Dove said:
People say he takes too many shots, well look at that stats, in terms of FG attempts, players like D.Wade, Lebron, and Micheal Redd all take more shot attempts. I've never heard Shaq or Ilgauskas complain that these guys take too many shots, are a bad influence and control the team.
QUOTE]

The difference is that those players make the players around them better. Kobe cares for no one but himself. The Lakers aren't going anywhere as long as Kobe is on their roster....

Pink_Dove said:
People say he takes too many shots, well look at that stats, in terms of FG attempts, players like D.Wade, Lebron, and Micheal Redd all take more shot attempts.

Wow, you're off. In order of the players you listed:

1.Kobe = 20.5 attempts per game - 43%
2.LeBron = 20.1 attempts per game - 48%
3.Redd = 19.2 attempts per game - 44%
4.Wade = 17.0 attempts per game - 48%

Obviously those guys have more total attempts, I mean...they've all played atleast 10 more games than Kobe.

X-Con said:
Wow, you're off. In order of the players you listed:

1.Kobe = 20.5 attempts per game - 43%
2.LeBron = 20.1 attempts per game - 48%
3.Redd = 19.2 attempts per game - 44%
4.Wade = 17.0 attempts per game - 48%

Obviously those guys have more total attempts, I mean...they've all played atleast 10 more games than Kobe.

The thing that frustrates people like Atkins is the 43%. Kobe doesnt necessarily take too many shots, but he certainly takes too many where hes double teamed 20 ft from the basket. He needs to take some time and watch Wade play...he never takes a bad shot unless hes backed up against the shot clock.

But Atkins is a lousy defender and I could understand Kobe calling him out on that. It doesnt help that the Lakers have no interior defense either. Iverson had a great quote about Kobe, something like "this is when we find out how good he is." Hes in an Iverson like situation now, one superstar. He will probably have to go through a few star teammates like Iverson did before he realizes he cant do it on his own.

Funny thing I saw on last night. I had re-read this and then turned on the LA Game on TNT and I saw Atkins and Kobe giving each other high 5s and laughing together.

Prime Time said:
Funny thing I saw on last night. I had re-read this and then turned on the LA Game on TNT and I saw Atkins and Kobe giving each other high 5s and laughing together.

Thats the new Lakers for you. Laughing and congradulating each other after throwing up a series of bricks from downtown.

Back
Top Bottom