RIP Len Dawson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP Len Dawson

I was just coming here to post this. I know he was a great QB but for me this stings in the same way it stung when Nick B passed. These two men hosting Inside the NFL on HBO was a staple of my childhood and really loved them on there. A very sad day.

I was just coming here to post this. I know he was a great QB but for me this stings in the same way it stung when Nick B passed. These two men hosting Inside the NFL on HBO was a staple of my childhood and really loved them on there. A very sad day.

That was back in an era when true professionals broke down games and made educated predictions about the next week’s games. Instead of just trying to one-up each other with dumb hot takes like they do now.

It’s hard to beat Len Dawson smoking a cig and drinking a Fresca during halftime of Super Bowl 1…

1661550634543.jpeg

That was back in an era when true professionals broke down games and made educated predictions about the next week’s games. Instead of just trying to one-up each other with dumb hot takes like they do now.

It’s hard to beat Len Dawson smoking a cig and drinking a Fresca during halftime of Super Bowl 1…

View attachment 116912
So right on w the hot takes stuff of today. Great pic! Had never seen that - ha! Classic!

RIP

p.s. What got me was LD only had 239 career TD's in 20 yrs (<1 per game).
Different era for sure. Games were lower scoring and there was a lot more running of the ball. Actually, guys didn’t start putting up 30 TDs until the mid 2000’s when the rules changed.

RIP

p.s. What got me was LD only had 239 career TD's in 20 yrs (<1 per game).

Like others said, completely different times.

It wasn't really uncommon for the best QBs to throw nearly as many INT (Sometimes more) than TD at certain points too.

Perfect example is our own Bob Griese. From 74 to 76 he threw 41 TD to 40 INT total.

Not the only years he had likenthat either and he's a HOF player. Those aren't even starter type numbers now.

Back
Top Bottom