RIP Phinstd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP Phinstd

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Phinstd has passed away. The strain on his heart from the same undisciplined team (Jason Taylor rough the passer leads to TD when we stopped them), choking (Olindo Mare misses two game winning FG), poorly coached team (conservative offense), poor special teams (muffed punt) and on and on team of years past.

Thus, my new name will now reflect the true choking nature of the team, Olindo Mare.

Vs. Houston, chip shot FG-missed leads to loss.
Vs. New England last year, missed FG-leads to loss.
Vs. New England today, two missed FG's leads to loss
Vs. Denver, easy FG missed-leads to an improbable comeback that on the drive gets our QB hurt.

Olindo the highest paid kicker in the league embodies everything this team is about.

All hail PhinsmissedFG

All though I will miss Phinstd, I welcome PhinsmissedFG who so accrately reflects this team.

You guys are horrible...when we start winning games ur names gonna come back huh?

Nope, he's dead. Gone for good, sucks because I have that name for everything. Oh well.

Maybe he'll come back when Mare is gone.

how STUPID. what were you saying this time last year when mare booted that 51-yarder, huh? to change your name like that is sick. www.ganggreen.com is the site for you.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Vs. Denver, easy FG missed-leads to an improbable comeback that on the drive gets our QB hurt.

:lol:

Wow, you are blaming the kicker. He was doing great before he had to kick on dirt. Someone should compare Mare's stats on the kicking surface, whether it was dirt, grass, or turf.

The infield has got to go!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

:rolleyes2

And then, we kick a field goal at the end to win the game.

Yes, but like I said, he never should have missed the one in the first place.

Blame who you want, I'll blame the person who missed both those kicks. Infield or no, Vinatieri made his.

Venatieri? The guy who missed 4 of his last 6 FGs(if I'm wrong, that info came from a Pats fan- so I doubt it)?

Now maybe A.V. would've made this, but if you wonna talk about Olindo's 2-2 today.. I can bring up Adam's 2-6!

Look, I'm surprised I'm catching so much crap for this. I changed my name from Phins Touch Down to Phins missed FG's to stage my own protest of the way Mare played today. I'm not giving up on my team, I'm not being a bandwagon guy, I'm just pissed that we lost a HUGE game today.

We always seem to find ways to lose games to teams we should win.

2nd and 1 on the 4, we run our FB and lose yards, then go for end zone on a very low percentage play and settle for a FG. Taylor hits the QB late (even though it was ticky tack) and they score a TD to tie the game instead of punting to us.

We have penalties that are just dumb and we can't seem to get our QB in rythm, I support this team. I have to spend my money every week to see them play, it gets old to see a team choke.

Does anyone not feel my pain?

Tis, true I think if we had won this game, we would have had some room for error in the upcoming weeks. However, now we are looking up at New England and I don't like the view.

The point is absolutely right. Blaming the playing surface for it is an easy excuse. If the dirt was that much of a problem for kickers, Vinatieri, who has been out of sync lately, would have missed his. Mare has been struggling for a while now and I for one think it has more to do about his confidence on the surface rather than how it actually affects the kick. I don't want to overreact and say that Mare blows or anything, cuz I do remember the days of Joe Nedney (AKA Shanky McShank) and I know that the first kick wasn't his fault but he needs to make those big kicks. At the very least, or special teams cost us two chances at winning a huge division game.

Back
Top Bottom