Rishard Matthew’s Asks For His Release. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthew’s Asks For His Release.

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
BREAKING: Rishard Matthews confirms to @AtoZSports that he is done with the #Titans

Rishard Matthews told A to Z Sports Nashville Wednesday night that he’s asked for his release from the Tennessee Titans organization.

After practice on Wednesday, Titans first year head coach Mike Vrabel mentioned that the veteran wide receiver was away from the facility for “personal reasons”.

Hours later, Matthews posted on Instagram hinting that his time with the Titans was done.

https://atozsportsnashville.com/breaking-rishard-matthews-no-longer-tennessee-titans/

I truly hope the Patriots don't pick him up. He is their type of player. Loved him as a phin, and I think he still has yet to show his true potential in the league.

What a douche move. You don’t quit on your team 4 weeks into the season because you’re not getting the touches you want. You just signed a one year extension last month. Suck it up and play.

My take on this situation is that after his extension, the new coaching staff didn't like what they saw from him, either for the kind of offense they want to run, or because he is coming off a surgery.

Probably best for both parties. Titans are off the hook for paying him some money and Matthews can get on with his life / career.

yes this is a bitch move, hopefully he doesn't wind up with the pats. gordons potential, edleman back, and Matthews would not be pretty. but ive said it in previous comments when people were fussing about us not paying Matthews when he became a free agent.....IT WAS NEVER ABOUT MONEY WITH HIM (well I mean everyone wants to get paid BUT), his main focus was to show that he could be the guy, and be the #1 WR on a team, that's what Tenn offered him when they signed him. in our old offense and system he'd been JAG, its one of the CURRENT great things about our squads, no egos (yet at least) each of our WR's could get the same amount of targets per game at a lower level than your typical 1 or 2 and no one seems to complain. would each wr like to have a few more catches, yes im sure (maybe not amendola since tannehill tries to get him killed, butttt). I'm not going to waste time looking at other teams rosters, but if you want to know where RMatt is willing to land, look at a team that has a clear cut need for AT LEAST a #2 WR.

Didn't he just sign a contract?

This is one guy who really could turn up in NE is he is released

I truly hope the Patriots don't pick him up. He is their type of player. Loved him as a phin, and I think he still has yet to show his true potential in the league.

I hope they do. That locker room can alway use more disgruntled babies, which is sure to happen given that he'd be the 4th best receiver there (including Gronk).

And the guy will be 29 next month. There's no hidden potential.

Troubled guys almost always shape up in New England... like Corey Dillon, Lagarette Blount, and many others who walk the line for Belichek

Pats run a very complex offense that Matthews has no experience with. If he joins them now, that's time to acclimate. They also have Gordon coming in and Edelman coming off suspension. Would be very surprised if he goes to New England. The only way I can see that happening is if Josh Gordon is really dumb and the Patriots are in a panic.

Smh at Matthews. Complained in Miami and complaining in Tenn. I always felt he thought he was better than what he actually is. He's a good receiver, he's not a great receiver. And yeah.....wouldn't surprise me to see him wind up in NE

Back
Top Bottom