Rivalry: Dolphins, Bills, Patriots and Jets. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivalry: Dolphins, Bills, Patriots and Jets.

Champagne

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The game last night against the Jets was incredibly hard hitting, because it's a big rivalry.

I was born and raised in a part of the USA that didn't pay much attention to the rivalry between these four teams, so, I'm seriously asking long-time Fin Fans to help me out here.

Which two of these teams are the biggest rivals with the most hate?

Are there a couple of past events/games that are the source of the hate/dislike for, say : Fins-Jets, Fins-Bills, etc.

I'll sit back and read the history lesson, please post your thoughts on this, thanks.

PS I remember back when the Boston Patriots were awful, so, as you can see, I go way back.

I think it is definitely Phins-Jets. We beat the Bills in every game of the 1970's, so it was not until the Bill's SB teams that they were ever able to give us much of a fight.

The Jet's games have always been hard fought and tough battles. I think it is our rivalry with their fans and vice versa which makes it what it is. We HATE them, and they hate us. The Marino fake spike game, the Monday Night Massacre, is what makes this a rivalry.

I don't really hate the Bill's fans or their team the same way I hate the Jets. Also, the Patriots were absolutely horrible until around 2000. They had a few decent teams with Grogan, but we go back against the Jet's much longer...to the Richard Todd era, if not earlier.

I think it is definitely Phins-Jets. We beat the Bills in every game of the 1970's, so it was not until the Bill's SB teams that they were ever able to give us much of a fight.

The Jet's games have always been hard fought and tough battles. I think it is our rivalry with their fans and vice versa which makes it what it is. We HATE them, and they hate us. The Marino fake spike game, the Monday Night Massacre, is what makes this a rivalry.

I don't really hate the Bill's fans or their team the same way I hate the Jets. Also, the Patriots were absolutely horrible until around 2000. They had a few decent teams with Grogan, but we go back against the Jet's much longer...to the Richard Todd era, if not earlier.

Very nicely put!!

Has to be Phins-Jets. I love these games and there is a lot of history around them. I'm never a huge fan of rivalries in the NFL because they just pale in comparison to CFB, but I have to say that this rivalry is always sweet.

Phins -Jets.
The Bills-Phins rivalry has died down.
The Pats only became a good team recently, but is a growing rivalry.

Phins -Jets.
The Bills-Phins rivalry has died down.
The Pats only became a good team recently, but is a growing rivalry.

I vote that you have to have at least 1 SB in order for something to be considered a rivalry!

Just a thought!

In terms of quality of games, Jets-Phins is perhaps the best rivalry in all of football. Sure Pack-Bears goes back a million years, Cowboys-Skins is very high profile, but they haven't given us the moments like Dolphins-Jets.

The Pats are the Jets 2nd rival, but only post 1997 did they begin to hate each other. It has more of a Hatfields and McCoys dynamic to it.

Bills, meh..doesn't seem to be much of anything anymore.

Pats, like others have said weren't even considered a team just about till 2000.

Jets..well..you've seen the games. I always say no matter how bad/good the Jets are they play us tough and it's usually a really close game (just look back to last week). You know it's a hated rivalry when Thomas and Taylor publicly say they hate NY and the Jets.

bills fans..I agree with mehhhh... sometimes I hate the donkos and the cowboys more than buffalo...

jets it is for me... hate um... they are numbers 1-2-3...with everyone else starting at four. Nothing is worse than losing to them..unless it is listening to their damned chant in OUR stadium after sitting in the rain and losing. I will love AJ Duhe FOREVER for what he did to those pigs, Marino too.

Bills, meh..doesn't seem to be much of anything anymore.

Pats, like others have said weren't even considered a team just about till 2000.

Jets..well..you've seen the games. I always say no matter how bad/good the Jets are they play us tough and it's usually a really close game (just look back to last week). You know it's a hated rivalry when Thomas and Taylor publicly say they hate NY and the Jets.

Even if you were to exclude any years after 2000 (Which of course any rival of a team which has won 3 SBs since that year would tend to do.) The Patriots have still been in twice as many SBs as the Dolphins over the last 33 years.
You guys have pretty selective memories.

Back
Top Bottom