Rivers' History | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers' History

Lycaon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For those new to the Rivers bandwagon, here's where you can read some archived game stories from his career:

Wolfpack Archives

He captured our (Wolfpack Fans) hearts from his very first game in a double overtime win during a monsoon:

So there was freshman quarterback Philip Rivers, standing at is own 11-yard line with 2:18 remaining, needing to get his team in position for a tying field goal. The patient drive opened with a draw play to tailback Ray Robinson, who galloped 12-yards to the 23. Several plays later, NC State faced another do-or-die situation, but on fourth down, Rivers hit sophomore Bryan Peterson for 24-yards on a crossing pattern. Five plays later, Passingham nailed the field goal that would send the game into overtime.

His second start was @ Indiana (and Randle El):

Judging by the first two games of his career, Philip Rivers could be well on his way to rewriting the NC State record book. On Saturday, the freshman phenom was 31-of-52 for 401 yards, and his five touchdown passes equaled the school mark held by Terry Harvey. In two games, Rivers has passed for 798 yards and eight touchdowns. Just as impressively, he has just one interception in 109 passing attempts.

His 4th start was against Georgia Tech. He won another dramatic overtime game after a great comeback. Anyway, if you're interested check out the link provided. He has amazed us in Raleigh since his first snap. Check out the biggest games and the worst weather games to see what this kid is made of. He seems to get into a Jordanesque zone when he's under the most pressure.

I haven't seen Eli or Roth play much, so I can't really compare them, but I can't imagine either of them actually being better than Philip when it comes to game management and leadership. PR is a winner, a leader and the best player available in this draft. The Fins WILL need to trade up to get him, and I hope they can find a way to do it.

Go Phins! Go Wolfpack!

Back
Top Bottom