Rivers mobility... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers mobility...

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
It is apparent that alot of fans on here are very high on Philip Rivers and it became apparent that maybe Rick and Dan are simiilarly impressed.

I was wondering whether Rivers can be classed as a mobile QB. Obviously he isn't going to break out on a run like Vick. But is he a passer that is comfortable on the move or is he more suited to sitting in the pocket?

Originally posted by finsnchips
It is apparent that alot of fans on here are very high on Philip Rivers and it became apparent that maybe Rick and Dan are simiilarly impressed.

I was wondering whether Rivers can be classed as a mobile QB. Obviously he isn't going to break out on a run like Vick. But is he a passer that is comfortable on the move or is he more suited to sitting in the pocket?

In the few games I saw him play in and some video floating around about him, he seems very comfortable moving to the outside...makes solid throws on the run too.

He is not a mobile QB in the sense you think of Vick or Mcnabb. He can move well within the pocket and can get outside and pick up yards. In other words, he is more like a David Carr or Jeff Garcia type QB as it relates to mobility.

I would not compare him to Garcia cause jeff is slower than lava. I would say Rivers is more like Brunell, he can run and has alot of arm strength..

Rivers isn't like Brunell at all. He can move around in the pocket some but he's not what you would essentially bracket mobile.

Back
Top Bottom