Rivers to Miami in 06? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

Hummer23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would would you think if that happened and would you make that trade?

Hummer23 said:
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would want you think if that happened and would you make that trade?
Nah, I'd pass. Not that he's not talented, just he would have sat on the bench too long. Lots of guys in the draft.

Im not a big Rivers fan, I think if teh QB situation here doesnt work, we will try and get Omar Jacobs next draft. I think that guy is an awesome player.

Depends which WR and which pick. They would probubly want a lot. Plus salary cap would become an issue.

If you get Rivers he has already learned a NFL system and would pick up ours much faster. Not to mention he would have some game experience along with a quicker impact.

Depends where we pick...If we have a chance to grab a fresh guy like Omar Jacobs or Matt Leinart than i say no...But if we dont have the chance to grab those guys than Rivers looks alright

Personally I think feeley will surprise

i don't see saban making a move like that honestly. Maybe wanny, but not Saban. Saban wants his own guy to mold. He'll draft someone next year.

The pick would probably be a 4th or 5th and Marty Booker because of the amount of money due to Rivers.

I didnt want Rivers in the draft when he came out, I thought he went WAY to high then and I dont think he'd be worth what we'd have to give up to get him.

Hummer23 said:
The pick would probably be a 4th or 5th and Marty Booker because of the amount of money due to Rivers.
I wouldn't want to give up Booker. Rivers would be nice, but we might be able to find our own franchise QB in the 1st round of the 2006 draft without having to give up a player. Booker is very good in the right system(Linehan's is perfect for him).

Buddwalk said:
Depends where we pick...If we have a chance to grab a fresh guy like Omar Jacobs or Matt Leinart than i say no...But if we dont have the chance to grab those guys than Rivers looks alright

Personally I think feeley will surprise

I think A.J. will have a good year too I'm just speculating.

The grass is always greener isn't it. Where are the Arron Rodgers at all cost fans now???

N e one is it still possible if we can get Omar Jacobs and still have liek a .500 season? Or will he be a top draft prospect like in the top 10?

Nublar7 said:
I wouldn't want to give up Booker. Rivers would be nice, but we might be able to find our own franchise QB in the 1st round of the 2006 draft without having to give up a player. Booker is very good in the right system(Linehan's is perfect for him).

I doubt San Diego would want Boston back and I wouldn't want to give up Chambers. Any other wideout we have isn't good enough other then Booker.

Its wishful thinking, but if Rivers will be on the trading block next year, then their asking price will prob be a 1st or 2nd rounder. IMO, Saban would perfer to draft a QB then to trade a pick for a guy who sat on the bench for two years.

Back
Top Bottom