Rizzi Meeting With The Packers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi Meeting With The Packers

I know the Jets just extended their STC so it's moot, but I have no problem with Rizzi going anywhere on a lateral so long as it's outside the AFCE. He's been the epitome of a good soldier!

My experience is working in corporate America a lot of times that doesn’t matter.
Maybe so and those types of coporations deserve to fail too.

Any news on Rizz? Or is it all quiet until he can officially talk to the new head coach? Really would like to keep him around. Look at Parkey now compared to our ROOKIE kicker. Rizz got Parkey paid

Rizzi stuck his neck out on Jason Sanders and nailed it. That was hardly a no-brainer but he was steadfast in his belief.
Thats why you resign him with a fat bonus or you end up drafting a kicker like Parkey with a 2nd round pick. Pay and resign the dude we have had enough dumb staff on the payroll that cannot either recognize talent or have the ability to coach it up. As Jimmy Johnson their are 3 pieces to a team each as important as the other offense, defense and special teams. Why would you ditch a 3rd of your organization you have fixed. Dumb.

Almost seems intentional. If it were a legitimate interview Rizzi would have been first, not last. The later interviewees always have the advantage anyway, as the Packers general manager conceded in his speech introducing LaFleur. If the Dolphins wanted to keep Rizzi they could have said hey you were very impressive, as we expected, but we were blown away by Candidate X (disregarding the alphabetical bias). Please stay. Here's a raise.

Since the Dolphins did everything in reverse it indeed looks like a token and almost a hint out the door.

Rizzi was anything but overrated. I was impressed by how dependably he picked the correct body type for each role. Then once that new 25 yard line kickoff rule was instituted I expected countless examples of guys bringing it out when they should not. Actually it's been the reverse. The Dolphins first and later the league in general understood the value of that 25 yard line.

BTW, the onside kick strategy of intentionally slamming it toward the defenders via line drive is the one aspect the league was slow to figure out, after the rules changes made the traditional onside kick far less available. All season we saw stupid choices like the deep pooch kick into a gap that is quickly no gap at all. I was waiting for some sharp team to figure out that the ricochet holds the highest percentage of likelihood, similar to tennis players who sometimes intentionally aim for the body of the opponent across the net.

Finally that strategy showed up in the playoffs. I'm sure we'll see more of it.
Do you recall after a safety surrendered, Shula had George Roberts drill the free kick (a punt no less) into a Bengal player? We recovered and went on to win the game. Late 70’s.

No time stamp but this one was posted around 16:50

No time stamp but this one was posted around 17:00

I forgot we interviewed Loggins. We interviewed some token guys. Did we talk to T.D. as well?

Thats why you resign him with a fat bonus or you end up drafting a kicker like Parkey with a 2nd round pick. Pay and resign the dude we have had enough dumb staff on the payroll that cannot either recognize talent or have the ability to coach it up. As Jimmy Johnson their are 3 pieces to a team each as important as the other offense, defense and special teams. Why would you ditch a 3rd of your organization you have fixed. Dumb.
Cause Ross IS dumb. So dumb. So dumb.

Rizzi was already one of the highest paid ST coaches in the league. Personally, I think the longer he is out there,the more likely he is to be back.
I think your right. I was thinking about how much he gets paid being something other teams are not willing to pay. He has roots in Miami, having been here for so long. He'd be doing himself an injustice if he took less just to move on. Current and former players, as we have seen, absolutely love this guy. I think he's staying.

Fwiw I was never under the impression Rizzi was told he is not welcome back. I was always of the impression that there is an understanding he has a job here if he wants it but they wont hold him hostage and allowed him to take interviews to see if he wants to leave.

Great special teams coach... I think some people kind of forget how awful the ST was under Jon Bonamengo before Rizzi got the job. Legit think he made 1 bad decision personnel wise as he beat the table for Andrew Franks a couple years ago (who was never that impressive) maybe you put sturgis on him too I dunno. But hes always fielded good units. Would love to have him back but at peace if he leaves

Rizzi was already one of the highest paid ST coaches in the league. Personally, I think the longer he is out there,the more likely he is to be back.

I agree, if he had the opportunity to sign with another team, think he would have done so already.

Fwiw I was never under the impression Rizzi was told he is not welcome back. I was always of the impression that there is an understanding he has a job here if he wants it but they wont hold him hostage and allowed him to take interviews to see if he wants to leave.

Great special teams coach... I think some people kind of forget how awful the ST was under Jon Bonamengo before Rizzi got the job. Legit think he made 1 bad decision personnel wise as he beat the table for Andrew Franks a couple years ago (who was never that impressive) maybe you put sturgis on him too I dunno. But hes always fielded good units. Would love to have him back but at peace if he leaves
I recall how bad they were. IIR his unit gave up a KR, PR and blocked FG return or some **** like that in the same game on national TV playing NE. And that was when he was finally fired. He was awful before that but it took pretty much the worst ST performance in the history of ST to get him fired.

Back
Top Bottom