Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position

Remember how paramount Rizzi was in the day-to-day operations of the team when Dan Campbell, relatively inexperienced, took over in the interim.

He's a dark horse candidate and he definitely deserves a legitimate interview. And if the team goes with another coach, I hope Rizzi is retained as ST coach.

Rizzi is probably the yelliest coach in the entire league. It would be fun seeing him flip out on the sidelines.

That said, the special teams unit had quite a few lapses that lead to putting this already horrendous defense in bad spots.

This league is all about the "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. Sorry Rizz, you get a no from me homie.

I wouldnt mind Rizzi as HC... That way when they fire him in 3 years Chris Grier can go with him... and then we can have the complete rebuild this trash heap deserves.

And then another 3 years after that...

Not sold on Rizzi as a head coach. Just because he's a rah rah guy doesn't mean he can be the head man. I doubt he could assemble a good coaching staff. He was a failure as a head coach in college previously also.

This one is meh to me compared to Kris Richard. But hell why not? He does have assistant HC experience albeit under Gase.
But the fact he was Gase's assistant is a good thing when you consider Gase didn't do anything other than call plays. When Gase was sitting on the bench looking at pictures it was Rizzi who was in charge. Most AHC don't do anything but with Gase you had to do a lot.

I hope this is a serious interview and not a sham. I'm not saying Rizzi is the best man for the job, but I hope the team looks seriously at him and what his plan for the team is. Once the decision was made to retain Grier, it meant that a total blowup would not happen. If a total blowup is not going to happen, well, might as well look at internal candidates for coach.

If he has a clear vision for the team and can assemble a proven staff, I am not opposed to this. I think special teams coordinators are an overlooked source of coaching talent and -- if nothing else -- Rizzi would be highly entertaining as the coach.

I do not consider this a mere courtesy interview. Whatever you think of Gase's football IQ, Ross fired him because of his lack of interpersonal and leadership skills and, quite frankly, his immaturity. The appeal of Rizzi is that he would fufill the responsibilities required of a HC rather than being a glorified coordinator who somehow got promoted. If Rizzi has the reputation that could attract a qualified OC and DC then he could be a very good choice for HC.

He deserves a courtesy interview, but I'll be beyond pissed if he gets the gig. Thus, I now fully expect this to happen.

On the flip side, he might just be the perfect Tank Commander.

I'd be more bullish on Rizzi than on some Dallas defensive position coach!

Is the title the thing that scares you off of Richard? Richard is the man over in Dallas despite his title, and they are a top 5 defense. He was the man in Seattle for the legion of boom era too. I wouldn't let the title distract you

The title tells you he can be acquired for DC position. No need to make him a HC.

He's essentially the D.C. now. Look at his responsibilities under his current title

Id love him as a DC. I'm not written off as having him at HC. He would be running our defense either way

Back
Top Bottom