Robert Baker excelling in Minnesota | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Baker excelling in Minnesota

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
In his last game vs Oakland, he returned 3 punts for 43 yards. a 14 yards average - not too bad! Just as important, he was the only player to return punt for the Vikes.

Im rooting for the guy. :)

I watched Jed Weaver playing for San Fran the other night. He's not doing to shabbily either. I saw him catch about 4 passes for about 35 yds. and he was blocking like a fiend.

I really like Robert Baker and I'm happy to hear that he is excelling. I still don't think that there was a place on this team for him. Simmons seems like a natural slot receiver and has the potential to be a star in the return game. Tolver just has more upside than him could be a starter one day. I don't see Baker as more than an adequate back-up. With that being said I hope he sticks around this league for a while.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but I hope he doesn't suddenly turn into a Randy Moss type since we passed on Moss all of those years ago. That would suck.

Weaver will actually be the starter for the Niners this year. Eric Johnson, their normal starter, is out for the season after breaking his collarbone. Weaver in the west coast offense should find himself with some catches.

I'm happy for Baker. I always liked him and I'm glad he's catching on there..

Baker deserved a good break. Too bad he kept getting caught in the numbers game down here. Personally, I would have rather had him than Dedric Ward the last couple of years.

Robert Baker never really impressed me during the regular season until nfl Europe, but im glad he is excelling in Minny, but he will not turn in to a Randy Moss type player.. Why did we pass on Randy mOss, and why did we pick Yatil green.. damn coaches...

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Robert Baker never really impressed me during the regular season until nfl Europe, but im glad he is excelling in Minny, but he will not turn in to a Randy Moss type player.. Why did we pass on Randy mOss, and why did we pick Yatil green.. damn coaches...

He didn't impress you during the regular season because he never got a chance. I hope Minny plays him and let us see what we were missing when we kept OG and Ward. I think the guy if given a chance will light it up in Minn. A chance is all a player really needs, and I think baker will make his flourish.

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Why did we pass on Randy mOss, and why did we pick Yatil green.. damn coaches...

We drafted Yatil Green in 1997. Randy Moss came out in '98. And Jimmy had already made a deal long before the our 19th pick rolled around.

Back
Top Bottom