robert edwards is alive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

robert edwards is alive

les dauphins

jesus of suburbia
Reaction score
Hey guys saw a post on the board a couple of weeks ago about this guy and the montreal gazzette had big article on him yesterday as he is trying out for the alouettes. they said he got hurt playing beach football at the pro bowl after coming off a great rookie year, that must suck so bad

Robert Edwards was a great rookie and would have been a productive NFL RB. You won't find many players playing in offseason flag football sand games because of him either, and the destruction it did to his career.

Robert Edwards was my favorite RB for a while. Thats why my Yahoo screen name has a "47" at the end of it.

gr8slayer said:
Robert Edwards was my favorite RB for a while. Thats why my Yahoo screen name has a "47" at the end of it.

That's a little different, for a Bills fan to like a RB who played for the Patriots, then the Dolphins?

Robert Edwards was a big reason why Ricky gained 1,853 yards in 2002. Thru the first 12 games, Edwards played a lot (especially on third downs)....allowing Ricky to come off the field and rest. As a result, Ricky was fresh down the stretch, rushing for an astounding 940 yards in the final 6 games (including the Vikings game where he only got 15 carries).

For some reason, the Phins demoted Edwards and gave the backup job to Minor down the stretch, which he wasn't too happy about. Collier said that Minor just gave the team a chance to make a few more plays.

les dauphins said:
Hey guys saw a post on the board a couple of weeks ago about this guy and the montreal gazzette had big article on him yesterday as he is trying out for the alouettes. they said he got hurt playing beach football at the pro bowl after coming off a great rookie year, that must suck so bad

Actually it did suck pretty bad. He almost lost one leg because of that injury. The fact that he is even able to walk normally is amazing. I liked Edwards and really wanted to see him do well with our Phins. I hope he is able to play football for a long time regardless what league it is in.

popularwar said:
Kijana Carter will never beat out Stecker for the second RB position, much less McAlister for the starting spot.

but he is still on an NFL roster. RE could make it on somebodys team

Back
Top Bottom