Robert Edwards...our new third down back. (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Edwards...our new third down back. (merged)

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Player Updates & More

Weaver Back To Work
Harvey Fialkov reports for the Orlando Sentinel Miami Dolphins TE Jed Weaver (knee) returned to practice Wednesday.

Surtain Sits
Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain (groin) missed practice Wednesday, but he should return Thursday.

T-Buck Note
Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said he spoke to free agent CB Terrell Buckley (Bucs). A signing is not imminent. Reportedly, the Chiefs and Patriots are also showing some interest in Buckley.

The Miami Herald reports that the Miami Dolphins have decided to use RB Robert Edwards as their third-down back. He will likely play in the two-minute offense as well, according to Edwards and RB Ricky Williams. "Norv [Turner] just said that with a guy that talented, we've got to find a way to get him on the field more," Williams said. "You can't keep him on the bench."

Robert Edwards...our new third down back.

Dolphins | Edwards To Play Third Downs? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
7:18 PT: The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have decided to use RB Robert Edwards as their third-down back. He will likely play in the two-minute offense as well, according to Edwards and RB Ricky Williams. ''Norv [Turner] just said that with a guy that talented, we've got to find a way to get him on the field more,'' Williams said. ``You can't keep him on the bench.''

That's pretty weird...looks like Minor will being doing next to nothing except on specials this year, huh?

Good thing is it will cut Ricky's numbers down and hopefully ensure he doesn't get to 1,500 yards w/o losing alot on the field...if RE is up to it that is.

Robert Edwards...our new third down back.

I'd rather see Williams on short yardage.
Put Edwards in for the 2 minute and change of pace series.

Agreed, Merman. Defenses would have to think a bit more with Ricky in on 3rd down. Edwards is a great story, but I'm worried about what this could do to our 3rd down conversion rate.

Sorry guys, didn't realize so many other people had posted this...I figured something like that would not go that long before getting posted.

Guys, do you honestly think that RW will not be in on short yardage situations? Just because it is 3rd down doesn't mean the "3rd down back" will be in the game.....Edwards will be in on 3rd and long situations.....obvious passing downs...that is what a 3rd down back is.....not a guy that goes in on every third down....

Norv will look at the skill sets each back possess and place them accordingly. Ricky can catch, so can Edwards. It all depends on what situation we are in.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Edwards will be in on 3rd and long situations.....obvious passing downs...that is what a 3rd down back is.....not a guy that goes in on every third down....

Edwards can run and catch. Let's see how they use him.

I still would like to see Minor used in this offense. I hope Wanny doesn't just let him ride the pine.

I think all this means is Edwards is just Ricky's backup... to come in and spell him.. replace him if injured.. basicaly says they think he is the better every down back then Minor.. I think we will see minor also.

no Wanne said the Edwards would be used in 2 minute offense as the back

Well we will see Minor on Kickoffs and maybe mop up if Edwards stays healthy.
But what a nice problem.

I just noticed the title under my avatar wouldn't that be nice. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom